Kagera Safaris Reviews & Ratings
From Kagera Safaris
Kagera Safaris Limited is an Eco tourism tour company fully registered in Uganda with operations in Uganda, Rwanda and entire East Africa. We provide high quality safari tours and destination management services in East Africa for individuals and travel companies from across the globe. We plan gorilla tours, wildlife tours, birding tours, hiking, cultural and community tours. We offer authentic gap year opportunities, educational tours for high school and university students.
We are passionate about linking tourism to rural community development so the ‘tourism dollar’ can reach the communities. This ensures communities living adjacent to the park and those along the ‘tourism route’ get actively engaged in conservation of wildlife because they benefit directly. We encourage our clients to visit communities and ‘home stays’ and or engage in a community activity that lasts from from 1 hour to several hours. The activities include village walks which often lead to local schools and health centers, cooking and gardening offering you insight in every day lives of the local people.
Our tailor-made safaris consider the client’s needs, time, and budget offering them the opportunity to appreciate the beauty and diversity of East Africa in comfort and style. All our treks and safaris are Eco-friendly; we respect the environment and culture of the local communities. The itineraries offered on the website act as examples, you are encouraged to create the itinerary of your choice together with our staff.
Founder: Miriam Kyasiimire
I love traveling and I enjoy the countryside. From an early age I always looked forward to a time of visiting a relative living far from our home which meant traveling for hours – while others dreaded it. I love sharing knowledge of East Africa with visitors who often experience something different from what they read or watched on TV (too bad sometimes media concentrates on the negative).
In 2012 I started Kagera Safaris from a love of travel and nature and from a love for youth and community development. I are passionate about creating opportunities for others and my desire is to incorporate travel to national parks with visits to communities so that they benefit directly from tourism income.
I and the team have been to all the destinations we share here, several times. We offer a personal touch to every trip – individually tailored with detailed information and respond to your need and wishes as best as we can. We have been involved in putting together great experiences for people exploring Uganda, Rwanda and East Africa in general for over 4 years now. We look forward to planning your tour to Uganda, Rwanda and other destinations in East Africa.
To be a recognized, innovative world leader in creating and managing memorable intercultural tourism experiences in East Africa.
To improve the East Africa tourism experience for local communities and people from around the world by providing memorable personalized holidays with first-class guiding services that promote East Africa as a leading tourism destination.
Why Kagera safaris?
- We offer a high-quality service.
- We guarantee a quick, personalized response to your request. This allows us to put together tailor made itineraries for you based on your budget, interest, and time
- We have knowledgeable and passionate safari guides that will make your safari worthwhile. It is often said that people come to Africa for the wildlife & scenery but fall in love with the people.
- We think sustainable and responsible tourism, enabling the benefits of tourism to flow through to local communities by offering community tours and home-stays.
Association of Uganda Tour Operators; Uganda Safari Guides Association
- Hiking Sabyinyo or Gahinga or Muhavura
- Enjoy the fullness of Gorilla tracking
- Golden Monkey trekking
- Batwa experiences
- See the beautiful Sezibwa Falls
- Experience nature walk in Mabira Forest
- Opportunity to Boat ride to the Source of River Nile
- White Water Rafting on River Nile
- Enjoy the awesome Sipi falls
- Hike to Mt Elgon
- Explore Volcanoes national park.
- Experience unforgettable Gorilla Tracking
- Game drive
- Boat ride
- Chimpanzee tracking in Nyungwe Forest
- Canopy Walk in Nyungwe Forest
- Gorilla tracking in Volcanoes
- Photography moments