Asia - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Visit Wat Trimitr & Wat Po Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Join an optional excursion to the colorful Damnoen Saduak floating market
- See exotic orchids and rare flowers in Singapore's Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Elephant Cave (Bali)
- Enjoy the spectacular city view from Victoria Peak (Hong Kong)
- Visit Aberdeen Floating Fishing Village (Hong Kong)
- See the stunning sights of Samarkand, Khiva and Bukhara
- Enjoy Crossing the Oxus River
- Visit to archaeological sites of Merv & Gonur Depe
- Explore the bizarre sights of Ashgabat
- See the Darvaza gas crater, one of the “100 places to visit before you die”
- Sit down for a home-hosted dinner and observe daily life inside the old city.
- Revel in an interactive cooking demonstration followed by dinner.
- Spend two nights in Varanasi, India’s holiest city.
- Stand in awe of the illuminated Ganga Aarti ceremony.
- Ascend by jeep to the top of Amber Fort.
- See the Taj Mahal at sunrise.
- Experience two game drives in Ranthambore National Park.
- Explore Old Delhi's narrow streets by rickshaw.
- CITY TOUR of Tokyo and Kyoto
- SEE the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- VIEW Mt. Fuji
- VISIT the Edo Tokyo Museum, the Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto
- Visit to the historic old town of Tbilisi
- See Troglodyte cave towns of Vardzia & Uplistsikhe
- Enjoy Homestays with Georgian families
- More UNESCO sites than you can shake a stick at
- The remote desert monastery complex at Davit Gareja
- Enjoy a desert dinner with traditional Arabic cuisine and traditional dances.
- Savor dinner with views of Dubai’s well-known fountain show.
- Be treated to traditional Omani cuisine at a seaside home.
- Explore the history of falconry and get up close to this majestic bird.
- Delight in an exhilarating "dune bashing" by 4x4.
- Take a short camel ride during a visit with a nomadic Bedouin Wahiba tribe.
- Ascend the Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
- Stand in awe of the impressive Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Mosque.
- Explore Al Ain, an oasis town dotted with abundant groundwater springs.
- Discover Masdar City, a sustainable eco-community.
- Visit Pak Ou Caves
- Visit Wat Rong Khun & the Golden Triangle
- Guided tour of Bangkok
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise
- Almsgiving ceremony in Luang Prabang
- Bangkok street eats tour via tuk tuk
- Mekong River boat cruise
- Visit Angkor Wat at sunrise
- Street eats tuk-tuk tour in Bangkok
- Guided trishaw tour in Chiang Mai
- Visit Wat Rong Khun
- Cruise the Mekong River
- Join an almsgiving ceremony in Luang Prabang
- Experience Buddhist culture on a trek across the high Tibetan Plateau
- Explore the magnificent Ganden and Samye Monasteries
- Discover the sites of Lhasa, including Potala, former home of the Dalai Lama
- Visit the sites of Pashupatinath and Boudhanath in Kathmandu
- Taj Mahal
- Delhi Sightseeing
- Elephant Ride to Amber Fort (Jaipur)
- Sunrise Boat Ride on the Ganges River
- Durbar Square (Kathmandu)
- Visit the Tiananmen Square (Beijing)
- See the Great Wall (Beijing)
- Learn about the Terra Cotta Soldiers (Xian)
- See The Bund (Shanghai)
- Enjoy an Yangtze River Cruise
- Li River (Guilin)
- See spectacular city view from Victoria Peak (Hong Kong)
- The Western Wall (Jerusalem)
- Church of Holy Sepulcher (Jerusalem)
- Basilica of the Annunciation (Nazareth)
- Yad Vashem (Holocaust Museum)
- Dead Sea
- Mount of Olives (Jerusalem)
- Vibrant Tel Aviv
- Sea of Galilee
- Golan Heights
- Kibbutz Stay
- Eilat Extension, with optional full day excursion to mystical Petra ($249, lunch included)
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Grand Palace (Bangkok)
- Wat Mongkol Borpith Statue (Ayutthaya)
- Elephant Camp (Chiang Mai)
- Wat Doi Suthep (Chiang Mai)
- Emirates Airline
- Fish Market (Abu Dhabi)
- Corniche (Abu Dhabi)
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque (Abu Dhabi)
- Dhow Cruise Dinner (Abu Dhabi)
- At the Top of Burj Khalifa (Dubai)
- Lost Chamber (Dubai)
- Dubai Museum & Abra Ride (Dubai)
- Desert Safari with BBQ Dinner (Dubai)
- Visit Angkor Wat Temples (Siem Reap)
- Enjoy Cruising in the beautiful Halong Bay
- Explore the remnants of Vietnam War (Hoi An)
- Optional Mekong Delta Excursion
- Tour of Historic Hoi An
- Visit the Tiananmen Square (Beijing)
- Explore the Great Wall (Beijing)
- See the Terra Cotta Soldiers (Xian)
- Embark on a guided orientation drive and stroll down the Bund (Shanghai)
- Enjoy Suzhou Excursion (Shanghai)
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Asia Experiences
Walking the Great Wall of China at dawn
Exploring the sprawling Cambodian city of Angkor Wat and all its many temples
Marveling at the beauty of Ha long Bay in Vietnam, an UNESCO World Heritage Site with 3,000 islets
Observing the Naadam Festival in Mongolia
Experiencing the famous nightlife and hustle and bustle of Bangkok in Thailand
Relaxing on the serene island of Bali
Hiking the Himalayan foothills and wandering the bazaars of Kathmandu in Nepal
Wandering around calming Buddhist Temples in Japan
Taking an exotic Irrawaddy River cruise
Enjoying the colorful city of Tokyo, Japan
Experiencing two worlds in super-modern and colonial Shanghai, China.
Asia Trip Reviews
6,555 Asia Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
Asia Tours and Travel Guide
Asia Attractions & Landmarks Guide
By far the world’s largest continent, Asia is as diverse as it is large. China, Siberia, Nepal and Jordan are all parts of Asia, as are Sri Lanka, Iran, Mongolia and Dubai. So a trip to Asia can encompass many regions, cultures, religions – and decisions. Given its size and breadth, taking a guided tour can be an efficient way to experience a taste of Asia. Stride can help sort it all out for you – from Indonesia to India to Israel, Asia is varied, intriguing, and endlessly fascinating.
Asia – whose land mass of more than 17 million square miles is more than four times that of Europe – incorporates so many different nations and cultures that it can be hard to grasp its depth and breadth. Asia is also changing rapidly: industrializing, digitizing, globalizing, and modernizing to sometimes the nth degree while still retaining, in many places, its pastoral and exotic charms. Still, it’s good to go sooner than later to see aspects of the old Asia along with the new.
Do you start with fast-developing China, the world’s most populous nation, where million-plus cities seem to spring up overnight? From world icons like the Great Wall and Beijing’s Forbidden City to ultra-hip Shanghai and teeming Hong Kong (a special administrative region), it tops many travelers’ wish lists. Or do you opt for the temples, pulsating cities and culinary delights of Japan and Korea?
Southeast Asia Calling
Perhaps a Southeast Asia sojourn is at hand. Thailand, Myanmar (Burma), Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore are home to architectural treasures ranging from Bangkok’s Royal Palace to the grand ruins of Cambodia’s Temple Angkor Wat and Indonesia’s ninth-century temple Borobudur. Southeast Asia’s beaches, cuisines and surviving rural cultures and landscapes are all traveler favorites, while river cruising on the Mekong and Irrawaddy are hot tickets.
India, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka form another fascinating region. While India can be chaotic (a perfect destination for a guided tour), an early-morning boat ride on the Ganges in the Hindu holy city of Varanasi or a visit to Agra’s Taj Mahal are never-to-be-forgotten experiences. Nepal is the ultimate high for Himalayan trekkers, while Bhutan serves up bliss amid the mountain peaks. Sri Lanka is emerging from years of civil strife to display its lush, peaceful side.
The Ancient Silk Route
Much of Russia – from the Ural Mountains to eastern Siberia – lies in Asia, as does Mongolia, land of yurts and horsemen. Central Asia is a vast expanse of “stans”: Uzbekistan’s Samarkand, Bukhara and Tashkent were pillars along the old nomadic Silk Route from China. The ancient Babylonian and Persian empires live on in modern-day Iraq and Iran – an option for adventurous travelers. Parts of the Middle East are also troubled, though the United Arab Emirates – with its star attraction, Dubai -- and some other areas of the exotic Arabian Peninsula still beckon (even Saudi Arabia is starting to open up to non-Islamic tourism).
Israel and Jordan are at peace, offering the opportunity to visit both ancient Jerusalem and nearby Petra, Jordan’s wondrous rock city. Much of Turkey lies in Asia as well – including the unique cave dwellings of Cappadocia and the beaches of the Turkish Riviera.
While a quick overview can barely scratch the surface of Asian travel, Stride can ease the confusion with our easy-to-use comparison tools. After sizing up our plentiful offerings of guided tours, river cruises and active vacation packages, you can then decide which Asian region is the best fit for you. And chances are you’ll want to return again and again to sample more of all the cultural and adventurous discoveries that Asia has in store.
All Asia tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Asia trips.