Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Exceptional trails
- Views of the Marmolada
- Moderate and challenging walks
- Explore Venice and Padua
- Enjoy Walking and Gondola guided tour
- Don’t miss St. Mark’s Basilica
- Discover Garda Lake and Dolomites
- Visit Bolzano City
- Explore Prosecco and Valdobbiadene wine route
- Climbing Mt. Titlis via cable car
- an alpine evening with traditional food and music
- a Swiss cheese-making demonstration
- a schnapps tasting
- tour and lunch at a 400-year-old farm
- a wine reception in a castle
- dinner in Berchtesgaden's salt mines
- farewell dinner cruise on Lake Lucerne
- Visit to Heidelberg
- Visit Romantic city of Venice
- Explore a glass-blowing workshop where highly skilled artisans craft anything from delicate figurines to grand, multi-colored chandeliers
- Visit the Swiss Transport Museum, or relax on one of the lovely lakeshore promenades
- Visit the intriguing Hospices Museum
- Uncover the colorful history and culture of Italy and Austria's best-kept alpine secret
- Tranquil biking amid valleys and storybook villages framed by magnificent limestone peaks
- Pedal on bike paths past meadows strewn with wildflowers and filled with locals tending the rich soil
- Wonderful regional wines, including vernatsch, lagrein and gewürztraminer
- Enjoy a warm welcome at luxurious family-run hotels and savor two Michelin dinners
- Wonderful routes in the spectacular Dolomites
- Historic First World War Via Ferrata, museums and tunnels
- Complete security with our qualified guides Breathtaking
- Walk surrounded by spectacular scenery
- Explore areas only accessible by snowshoes
- Relax in a 4-star hotel with wellness centre
- Find the right level on multigrade weeks
- Explore an extensive network of loipe
- Relax in a comfortable family-run hotel in picturesque Dobbiaco
- Cycle through stunning Dolomite scenery
- Relax on a boat trip across Lake Garda
- Discover the fascinating cities of Verona, Padova and Venice
- Stunning door-to-door rides through traffic-free roads
- Travel across Italy from Puglia to the Amalfi Coast
- Visit UNESCO sites and venture into forgotten villages
- 4-star hotel with delicious food, warm family hospitality and wellness centre
- Tre Cime di Lavaredo, UNESCO World Heritage site
- Some weeks Challenging (level 5)
- Room upgrade special offer available
- Immerse yourself in spectacular mountain scenery
- Indulge in world renowned Dolomiti cuisine
- Relax at the family-run 3-star Hotel Tschurtschentaler
- Breathtaking natural landscapes
- Excellent bird-spotting; stunning flowers; unrivalled Alpine views
- Beautiful 4-star family-run hotel with spa, pool, sauna and steam room.
- Visit the world-famous Tre Cime (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Relaxed waterfront towns, cosmopolitan cities, traditional pastel-painted Alpine villages
- Unique fusion of mountain and Mediterranean climates, lifestyles and cultures
- Flower-filled meadows, sun-soaked vineyards, terraced fruit orchards
- Imposing Tyrol castles and historic Renaissance palaces
- Riva, 'Pearl of Lake Garda' - with optional extra nights available
- Natural beauty - Cycle with a backdrop of rugged mountain peaks, pristine lakes and gentle alpine meadows
- Venice and Verona - End the tour on a cultural high in these fine cities
- Gentle, quiet cycling - Ride on dedicated cycle paths and country roads
- Lake Garda - Ferry ride across the lake for wonderful views
- Cultural journey - from the Germanic, Hapsburg-influenced north to the land of Romeo and Juliet
- Venosta and Adige Valleys - Witness traditional lifestyle
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Dolomites Experiences
Dolomites Trip Reviews
332 Dolomites Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
Dolomites Tours and Travel Guide
All Dolomites tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Dolomites trips.