Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Cruise the Panama Canal
- Visit the Panama Canal Expansion Observation Center
- See the lush jungle watershed region of the Panama Canal.
- Cruise on the Chagres River to visit an Embera Indian village
- Visit a Kuna Indian marketplace
- Enjoy a boat ride on Gatun Lake
- Discover the Best of Panama.
- Explore Panama City, the rainforest and the beach.
- Take a boat tour through the Panama Canal into secret waterways.
- Spot Capuchin and Howler monkeys
- Visit the most interesting places in Panama City
- Observe the magnificent Miraflores Locks
- Enjoy a panoramic tour of the world famous Panama Canal and Gatun Lake.
- Explore the ruins of UNESCO World Heritage Site Panama Viejo near Panama City.
- Try authentic Panamanian foods made of tortillas, yuca, maize, and sweet fruits.
- See all sorts of wildlife along the way! Look out for sea turtles, monkeys, sloths, exotic birds, and more.
- Hike through lush, wildlife-filled rainforests in Gamboa.
- Start your journey in Panama City, a city with an unexpected cosmopolitan flair!
- Explore Casco Viejo, Panama City's old town and World Heritage Site with remnants of the first Spanish city in the Americas.
- Explore the lush tropical jungle in Gamboa, and get a bird's eye view from a cable car.
- Sip a cocktail on the beach and enjoy the amenities of a luxury resort in Playa Bonita.
- Don't leave Panama without paying a visit to the famous canal that connects the Atlantic and Pacific oceans!
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Gamboa Rainforest Experiences
Gamboa Rainforest Trip Reviews
8 Gamboa Rainforest Tour Reviews - Summary 87% Recommend
Gamboa Rainforest Tours and Travel Guide
All Gamboa Rainforest tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Gamboa Rainforest trips.