Golf - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- PGA instructors demonstrate techniques, teach golf etiquette and share the rules and tips for practicing in a fun, informative series of lessons
- Take part in instruction and practice each morning, then play nine holes each afternoon
- A bonus Master Class is a special treat! Enjoy a farewell dinner, specializing in local foods and craft beer
- Get an amazing golf experience in Scotland
- Opportunity to experience golf over Carnoustie Championship Course
- Enjoy the challenge of links golf, Western Gailes will test your skills to their limit.
- Improve your pitching, chipping, putting and driving abilities and add to your knowledge of golf’s rules and course maintenance during small-group lessons with a PGA pro
- Put your game to the test during three 18-hole rounds on challenging, beautifully manicured courses
- Off the course, immerse yourself in the vast and varied natural beauty this South Carolina island has to offer
- Enjoy a 30-minute private lesson with your grandchild and a golf pro in addition to your daily instruction and a Master Class from PGA and NIKE Golf Camp instructors
- Play golf each afternoon on Shawnee’s 27-hole and Great Bear’s 18-hole championship golf courses to work on the skills taught during your morning lessons
- Close out the week with a special putting contest and a farewell dinner with your teammates and opponents, featuring local specialties!
- Experince best golf in the world
- Visit Reynolds Plantation National Course
- Enjoy fly flishing on Lake Oconee
- Enjoy 2 rounds of gold at a lovely Golf Resort
- Relax at a deluxe hotel in Athens
- Enjoy the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounio
- Play three great golf courses, including the Robert Trent Jones designed Oak Creek Country Club, set against stunning red-rock cliffs, and the 4-star rated Hilton Sedona Golf Resort, one of the top public courses in the state
- Play 54 holes of golf, including a fun 9-hole scramble
- Experience four hours of small-group golf instruction with PGA- certified pros who delve into swing mechanics, chipping and putting
- Explore Montezuma Castle National Monument’s five- story cliff dwelling and enjoy an open-air trolley excursion to Sedona’s favorite destinations
- Get pointers on the short and long game, bunker play, putting and course management, all with a student-instructor ratio of no more than six to one
- Take home a golf pro’s analysis of your swing, recorded using JC Video Systems motion-analysis technology, and stay in email contact with your pro instructor throughout the season
- In classes off the links, Golf School pros teach you principles of on-course etiquette, club fitting and USGA rules of the game
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Golf Experiences
Strolling the historic ground of St. Andrews in Scotland and learning about the beginnings of the game
Meeting professional and semi-professional players and trainers
The camaraderie that comes from meeting fellow skilled golfers eager to learn and hone their craft, and love talking about the game
Enjoying a beer or specialty cocktail with new friends after the game
Playing famous golf courses around the globe
Golf Trip Reviews
Golf Tours and Travel Guide
Golf Attractions & Landmarks Guide
If your ideal vacation includes several days dedicated to being out on the links, then a Golf trip could be for you! These trips make golf the focal point, with some sightseeing included for good measure. The majority of your time will be spent walking historic courses, working with expert trainers to improve your game, and meeting fellow golf enthusiasts.
All Golf tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Golf trips.