Hot Springs - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Visit the otavalo weaving studio and get a lesson from miguel andrango
- Explore villages and learn about traditional handicrafts and folk art from locals
- Traverse the amazon jungle with a local naturalist guide
- Learn about the relationship between cultures and the plants around them at the omaere ethnobotanical park
- Be surrounded by towering volcanoes
- Jackson : Sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge; Grand Teton National Park; farewell dinner
- Yellowstone national park: Snowcoach sightseeing; Upper Geyser Basin walking tour; Lamar Valley sightseeing
- The only thing more impressive than Yellowstone National Park in the summertime is Yellowstone in winter—a time when the place seems magical! On this Yellowstone National Park winter tour, see Old Faithful without the crowds, marvel at the snowy landscapes, admire the bison as they shake off the snow, and be amazed by steaming geysers
- Winter offers some of the best wildlife viewing because of the color contrasts between the animals and the snow, so have your cameras ready for animals such as bison, elk, moose, bighorn sheep, deer, and coyote
- Visit Thingvellir National Park - a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore Lake Myvatn
- Watch geysers erupt
- Circle continental glaciers
- Whale watching
- Walk on ancient lava deserts
- Soak in hot springs and geothermal pools
- Glacier walk
- Visit Skaftafell National Park
- Enjoy the drive through the Avenue of the Volcanoes passing through by the towns of Latacunga and Pujil
- Visit and indigenous local house from the “Paramos”
- Visit the town of Tigua
- Opportunity to visit the hotsprings
- Identify Yellowstone’s elk, bison, marmots, pronghorns and birds of prey using spotting scopes with the help of a naturalist
- A kayaking excursion offers insights into Yellowstone Lake’s natural history and fisheries
- Release your inner cowboy on a horseback ride and earn a Junior Ranger badge after completing naturalist-led activities
- Discover the beautiful landscapes of south and south east Iceland
- Visit the Great Geysir geothermal area
- Gullfoss waterfall
- Vatnajökull National Park & Skaftafell
- Climb to the top of the Laki mountain
- Hiking to Jökulsárlón
- Visit the hot spring of Hveragerði
- Embark on a mountain bike ride at malaga pass
- Explore machu picchu in the early morning light
- Snap incredible shots of rainbow mountain
- Visit the spectacular uyuni salt flats
- Stay overnight in a g adventures-supported community lodge
- Take in the sights during a dinner cruise of Sydney Harbour.
- A New Zealand family welcomes you into their home for dinner!
- Experience a memorable authentic Hangi dinner celebration.
- Come to know Australia’s people at the Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Center.
- Get up close and personal with cuddly koalas and native crocodiles at Hartley’s Croc Farm.
- Take a guided tour of the fascinating Sydney Opera House.
- Board a catamaran for an exciting excursion to the Great Barrier Reef.
- See where the original colonists first settled during a city tour of Sydney.
- Filmed narratives by Ken Burns & Dayton Duncan
- rafting adventure along the Snake River
- a peek into the story of Grand Teton National Park with a park insider
- extensive exploration of Yellowstone National Park
- visits to the Crazy Horse Memorial and Mount Rushmore National Memorial
- Wild West rodeo performance
- visits to the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody
- authentic working ranch experience at the TA Guest Ranch
- Get off the beaten track and explore the lesser visited East of the North Island
- Experience immersive Maori culture by spending a night in a Marae - a traditional house with Hangi dinner
- Feel like you are in another world by taking a journey on the 'Forgotten World' rail, a disused Heritage Railway line now travelled either in pedal power or electric custom built buggies.
- Stay in 3.5 - 4* hotels and unique accommodation
- See the light installation amongst the Redwoods
- Visit the Waitomo caves and see the glow worms
- The spectacular wildlife of five national parks in Canada and the United States
- Impressive lakeside views and glacier backdrops in the Canadian Rockies
- Important First Nations history at the Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump
- The unparalleled beauty of the Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park
- Unique geothermal features in Yellowstone National Park
- The vivid, striking landscape of Grand Teton National Park
- Get acquainted with charming Quito, Ecuador's spirited capital
- Snorkel the incredible marine life-filled waters of Kicker Rock, also known as Leon Dormido, one of the best snorkelling spots in the Galapagos and an absolute highlight for many travellers
- Experience the wildlife wonders of the Galapagos Islands
- Explore Lima's historic centre
- Follow the forested path of the Inca Trail to amazing Machu Picchu
- Wander the atmospheric streets of Cusco
- Admire the might of the Inca empire in the Sacred Valley
- Explore Machu Picchu
- Rip through a Desert in a Dune Buggy
- Camping in the Peruvian Desert
- Go Sandboarding
- Hike the Colca Canyon
- Tickle your Taste Buds with a Chocolate Workshop
- Paragliding in Lima
- Soak It Up at a Hot Spring
- Rock Climb Peru
- Extreme Activities in the Sacred Valley
- Pisco Tasting Tour
- Peruvian "Salineras" (Salt Mines) + ATVs + Ziplining = 1 Epic Day
- Adventure Sports in The Sacred Valley
- Tour the ‘Backpacker’s Galapagos' Ballestas Islands
- Yoga in Pisac
- Cooking class in Cusco
- Walk on a Rainbow
- Surf A Wave
- Explore Iceland's Highlands : A diverse mix of dramatic landscapes
- Expand your photographic technique
- Express your creativity
- Enjoy Icelandic delicacies like arctic char, trout, free-range lamb and reindeer
- Witness geology in action in the “Land of Fire and Ice” and visit a geothermal power plant.
- Go on a scallop fishing excursion in the Breidafjordur and take a bite out of another Icelandic delicacy: shark.
- At the Agricultural Science Center learn how Icelandic agriculture is powered by geothermal greenhouses.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Hot Springs Experiences
Hot Springs Trip Reviews
69 Hot Springs Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
Hot Springs Tours and Travel Guide
Hot Springs Attractions & Landmarks Guide
Natural hot springs are a classic tour activity and are found around the world. Often in locations that require a long hike to get to, nothing beats relaxing and feeling refreshed in the healing waters, warmed by natural geothermic activity. Beware though - they can be smelly! Popular destinations include Iceland, Japan, and United States.
All Hot Springs tours, packages, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Hot Springs trips.