Li River - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Must-see sights - the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army, Giant Pandas
- Fantastic cruise tour on the Li River from Guilin to rural Yangshuo
- Have a once in a lifetime chance to get close to the incredibly cute treasure -Pandas
- Take in the impressive skylines of Shanghai as you walk along the Bund
- Opportunity to cruise Li River is the essence of landscape
- Explore Guilin
- Visit to Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City
- Discover Shanghai
- See the amazing Badaling Great Wall
- Explore Chongqing
Must-see sights in China - Mutianyu Great Wall, Forbidden City, Terracotta Army, Giant Pandas
- Cruise on the meandering Li River & admire the essence of Guilin landscape
- Have a once in a life chance to get close to the incredibly cute treasure - Pandas
- Walk into a local Chinese family, interact & dine with the hosts in their home
- Visit to the world-famous and historic Tiananmen Square
- Explore the home to Ming and Qing emperors, Forbidden City
- Visit The Great Wall of China
- Discover Xian, the capital of Shannxi Province, one of the oldest cities in China
- Opportunity to enjoy the cultural musings of the Tang Dynasty Show
- Visit Guilin, a city renowned for its picturesque landscapes and dramatic natural beauty
- Visit the Shanghai Museum and view the exhibits of ancient Chinese art
- Explore China
- Visit Great Wall, which is one of the man-built architectures
- See Xian is one of the Four Great Ancient Capitals of China with more than 3100 years of history.
- Visit Shanghai Museum and view the exhibits of ancient Chinese art.
- The quintessential image of china is the imposing great wall – walk through history on an original section
- Like everything it does, china’s ancient history is on an epic scale – get a sense of it when you come face-to-face with arrays of terracotta warriors. also enjoy a deliciously home cooked meal while listening to the stories of our host who has lived through witnessed the changes brought about by this epic excavation.
- Learn about the endangered (and adorable) giant pandas’ struggle for survival, and get up close to these unique creatures in chengdu.
- Step back in time with a boat trip through the painterly scenery of the yangzi river, which meanders through the dramatic three gorges.
- Try your hand at both traditional cooking and tai chi in yangshuo, where the karsts dots beautiful the banks of the li river.
- Discover shanghai's bright lights, fevered trade and frenetic pace, which provides a glimpse into modern china.
- Explore the memorable limestone karst scenery of yangshuo, immortalised in countless traditional chinese paintings
- Spend the night in a guesthouse in the lovingly restored town of shaxi, visit the dizzying friday market and be transported back to when it was a significant stop on the tea horse trail
- Enjoy two days to hike around the dramatic scenery of tiger leaping gorge
- Wander through a tibetan village in the dreamy shangrila pasture lands. learn about tibetan culture over a steaming cup of yak butter tea.
- Like everything it does, china’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see in the faces of the thousands or terracotta warriors in xi’an, and in the endless stretch of the great wall as you walk along it
- Learn about the endangered (and adorable) giant pandas’ struggle for survival, and get up close to these unique creatures in chengdu
- Step back in time with a boat trip through the iconic scenery of the yangzi river, which meanders through the spectacular three gorges
- Get a hands-on insight into chinese dishes and ingredients with a cooking class in yangshuo
- Discover shanghai's bright lights, fevered trade and frenetic pace, which provides a glimpse into modern china
- New York, Washington DC and Chicago
- America's Golden West, Monument Valley and the Grand Canyon
- Los Angeles and San Francisco
- Shanghai, Beijing and the Great Wall of China
- Xian and the Terracotta Warriors
- Tsar's Gold Private Train from Mongolia
- Lake Baikal, Siberia, Irkutsk & Novosibirsk
- Venice Simplon-Orient-Express from Venice
- Visit Fubo Hill to enjoy ancient stone carvings and a city bird’s eye view
- Experience Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo
- Enjoy Biking in Yangshuo’s Villages and Drive to Longsheng
- Climb to Sightseeing Spots at Ping’an and Drive to Sanjiang
- Visit Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge and back to Guangzhou
- Visit the Forbidden City and Tian An Men Square
- Visit Shuanglin Temple
- Visit the Terracotta Army and Great Wild Goose Pagoda
- Visit Nanjing Road and the Bund.
- Visit the West Lake, Six Harmonious Pagoda
- 3-night Yangtze River cruise
- Hutong visit in Beijing
- meet a curator at the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an
- local dining experiences
- acrobatic show
- sampan ride on Shennong Stream
- Giant Panda conservation center visit & Sichuan opera show in Chengdu; Forbidden City
- Great Wall and Hutong insider visits in Beijing; Tauck Exclusive behind-the-scenes experience at the Terra Cotta Warriors in Xi'an; excursion to Giant Buddha of Leshan; Li River cruise; ERA acrobatic show
- Shanghai Urban Planning Center and the Bund in Shanghai; sightseeing tour of Hong Kong
- Explore Guiin
- Elephant Trunk Hill: It is the symbol of Guilin and got its name because its shape resembles an elephant with its trunk drinking from the Li River.
- Opportunity to cruise Li River
- Explore Yangshuo and enjoy Countryside cycling
- See the fascinating Longsheng Terraced fields
- Warm up with our exclusive, in-depth Forbidden City journey with our expert in history and architecture
- Admire a less-crowded part of the Great Wall by combining effort-saving cable car rides and moderate hiking
- Have a silent conversation with the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an
- Experience minority people’s life and at the incredible Longji Terraced Fields
- Cycle through Yangshuo's stunning countryside
- Explore the modern and traditional Shanghai lifestyle
- Visit Guilin
- Cruise along the Li River from Guilin to Yangshuo
- Explore the Yangshuo Countryside
- Visit to Classic Guilin – The famous sights and relaxing tea culture
- Explore Ancient Guilin - Ancient waterway canals
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Li River Experiences
Li River Trip Reviews
Li River Tours and Travel Guide
Li River Attractions & Landmarks GuideCruises along the Li River are among the most scenic in China, running about 50 miles from Guilin to Yangshuo and taking about five hours, a favorite of any tour of south China. Major sights along the way include the region’s iconic karst mountains – thin, jagged jade-colored peaks that rise straight up from the ground – as well as caves, steep cliffs, and bamboo forests. It’s also known for its small fishing boats and misty atmosphere. The entire length of the Li River is about 260 miles.
All Li River cruises, tours, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Li River trips.