Maldives - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Spend your nights on North Male Atoll, known as the "Island of White Gold" due to its dazzling white sands.
- See multi-colored corals and schools of mesmerizing coral fish on a snorkeling or scuba diving excursion.
- Take a short boat ride to the capital of the Maldives, Male.
- Taste Maldivian cuisine, which is a mix of Arabic, Indian, Sri Lankan and Asian influences.
- Upgrade to include two nights in an ocean villa!
- Overnight on a houseboat
- Historic Cochin
- Time spent in the hill capital of Kandy
- Cultural Performance by traditional Kandyan Dancers
- Relax & cruise the tranquil waters of the Maldives
- Saunders’s & Sooty Tern
- Streaked & Tropical Shearwater
- Lesser Frigatebird
- Lesser & Brown Noddy
- White-breasted Waterhen
- Embark on amazing boat trips
- Enjoy snorkelling over the coral reefs and among the tropical fish
- Explore the island by jeep & bicycle, sea kayaking safari, paddle boarding, scuba diving
- Get to uninhabited islands
- Have a delicious beach barbecue
- Shop around Doha's famous Souq Waqif.
- Sample an order of kunafeh (a pastry filled with white cheese and soaked in syrup).
- Admire stunning views of Doha from the Museum of Islamic Art.
- Surf some of the Maldive's world-class waves at Adaaran Hudhuranfushi Resort.
- Take a Dhoni cruise at sunset to snap the perfect photo!
- Search for wildlife on a safari
- Spend the night at a local tea plantation and estate
- Cruise through some of the world's most beautiful islands
- Uncover isolated beaches
- Swim and snorkel the vibrant coral reefs of the indian ocean
- Savour local cuisine
- Cruise the tranquil waters of the Maldives with other like-minded travellers on an authentic Dhonis
- Unwind on some of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world
- Savour delicious meals prepared fresh by your personal chef
- Snorkel and explore the marine life beneath the waves
- Cruise with other like-minded travellers on an authentic Dhonis
- Relax at overnight moorings amongst the islands
- Stunning views of the Annapurna Range
- Fully supported camping based trek including 3 hearty meals per day prepared by our cooks
- Himalayan Mountain flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu - Pashupatinath (a major Hindu shrine) and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath
- Sightseeing in Delhi,Jaipur & Agra including the Taj Mahal
- Fatehpur Sikri, Sariska Tiger Reserve & Baratphur Bird Sanctuary
- Cruising the Maldives
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Maldives Experiences
Maldives Trip Reviews
20 Maldives Tour Reviews - Summary 95% Recommend
Maldives Tours and Travel Guide
Maldives Attractions & Landmarks GuideThe Maldives, some 1,200 islands on 26 atolls that dot a vast expanse of the Indian Ocean southwest of India, blend Indian culture with laid-back tropical charm. Tourism is relatively new to the islands. The most visited is Maafushi, but tours to the Maldives can take you island-hopping on local ferries or via small ship cruises. Don’t wait too long, though – the Maldives are one of the lowest-lying nations on earth, and one of the most threatened by rising ocean levels.
All Maldives tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Maldives trips.