Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Impacted by Climate Change
- Hassan II Mosque (Casablanca)
- Koutobia Minaret (Marrakesh)
- Jemaa El Fna (Marrakesh)
- Essaouira Medina
- Ait Ben Haddou
- Todra Palmeraie Gorge (Erfoud)
- Erg Chebbi Desert
- Camel Ride in the Dunes
- Royal Palace (Rabat)
- View hidden Berber village0073
- Visit Moulay Brahim
- Fantastic views on the Lalla Takerkoust Lake
- Explore the intricate city of Marrakech
- Views of the High Atlas Mountains
- Enjoy Hike along the Plateau du Kik
- Explore the fragrant Valley of Roses
- Explore the UNESCO medina of Tunis.
- Relax on the island of Jerba.
- See the spectacular amphitheatre at El Jem.
- Sample Tunisia's impressive Roman sites.
- Take in the atmosphere of historic Carthage.
- Visit Kairouan, one of Islam's holiest cities.
- Take in remote desert scenery in the south.
- Visit the great Pyramids of Giza
- See the great Sphinx of Giza
- Visit the Aswan High Dam and Philae’s Temple of Isis
- See the Ptolemaic Temple for Horus and Sobek
- Visit Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
- Visit the ancient Temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Visit the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities
- Enjoy a walking tour of the colorful Khan El Khalili Bazaar district
- Immersion of the ancient Egyptian culture.
- Explore the ancient cities and temples in Egypt.
- Explore the most famous tombs and pyramids in Egypt.
- Visit the great temple of Abusimble and Lake Nasser.
- Explore the slums of Cairo and old mosques.
- Cruising for 4 nights over the Nile on Luxury Nile cruise
- Explore the Valley of the Kings.
- Visit the Karnak and Luxor temples in the east bank
- Visit the West Bank of Luxor & Qorna Village.
- Explore the world famous pyramids of Giza in Egypt.
- Visit all Cairo Sights and Museums
- Visit the city of Alexander the great Alexandria city
- Explore Luxor City & Valley of the Kings
- Visit Karnak & Luxor Temples
- Visit Falcon & Crocodile Temples
- Visit Beautiful Aswan city
- Enjoy Felucca ride on the Nile
- Explore the ancient marvels in this astounding city; the pyramids, Sphinx, Cairo Museum, Citadel, Mosque and Khan el Khalili Bazaar
- Discover the fabulous Temples at Luxor and Karnak
- Explore the ruins at Kom Ombo, Edfu, including the temple dedicated to the crocodile god, Sobek
- Visit fascinating Unfinished Obelisk and High Dam
- Wander in lively bazaars of Marrakech
- Run down the dunes in Tazzarine Valley and camp in the Sahara
- Meet a Berber family at the kasbah of Ait Benhaddou
- Onboard lectures about destinations and wildlife along the route
- Excursions to cities, cultural and historical places
- Extended stay in Fortaleza after leaving the vessel
- Discover pharaohs' mummies in their secret chambers
- Sail the Nile waters on your overnight felucca cruise
- Travel by sleeper train to Aswan
- Explore the underwater world of the Red Sea
- See the fascinating Great Pyramids of Giza
- Opportunity to visit 4 amazing UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Experience 4-night Nile River cruise
- Explore Cairo
- Experience an unforgettable voyage from Singapore to England along the famed Suez Canal route.
- Explore wonders including the temples of Bali, the rock-cut city of Petra and Pompeii.
- For the first time, Road Scholar World Academy takes place aboard Holland America Line’s elegant ms Rotterdam.
- Learn about Islamic architecture in the heart of the oldest continuously functioning university in the world, Al Quaraouiyine.
- Walk the food market of Fes before our Moroccan cooking session, and gain an up-close perspective on Moroccan cuisine.
- Experience the mosques, palaces, gardens and markets of fabled Marrakech on expert-led excursions and independently.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top North Africa Experiences
North Africa Trip Reviews
57 North Africa Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
North Africa Tours and Travel Guide
All North Africa tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all North Africa trips.