Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Explore historic Imperial Palace (Tokyo)
- See the majestic Mt. Fuji
- Visit Hakone National Park
- Opportunity to see the Shirakawago (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Visit Ancient town in Takayama
- Sightseeing in Kyoto
- Experience the highlights that Japan has to offer with this comprehensive 13 day highlights
- Explore areas of Tokyo, Hakone, Osaka, Hiroshima, and Kyoto with a private guide
- Visit Mt Seorak National Park
- Explore a Korean traditional village in Andong
- Visit Tumuli Park and Gyeongju National Museum
- Explore the vibrant Osaka
- Enjoy exploring Kyoto
- Visit Ancient Nara
- Visit Osaka Castle
- Take a cruise on Lake Ashi and visit Owakudani Valley and Hakone Shrine.
- Experience Japan's perfect combination of tradition and modern.
- CITY TOUR of Osaka and Kyoto
- VIEW the Nachi waterfall in Kumano
- VISIT Osaka Castle, the Abeno Harukas Observatory in Osaka, the Kongobuji Temple, the Danjo Garan Temple in Mt. Koya, the Ise Jingu Shrine, Mikimoto Pearl Island in Shima, the Ninja Museum, Ueno Castle in Iga, Bamboo Forest, Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangendo Hall in Kyoto
- CITY TOUR of Tokyo, Kamakura, Matsue and Osaka
- CRUISE along the Sumida River in Tokyo, Lake Shinjiko in Matsue and on the Okawa River in Osaka
- SEE the multiple orange coloured torii gates in Kamakura, the Togetsukyo Bridge in Arashiyama and Tsutenkaku Tower in Osaka
- VISIT Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine and Kotokuin Temple in Kamakura, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, Gion District, Arashiyama and Kinkakuji Temple in Kyoto, Todaiji Temple and Nara Park in Nara, Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima, Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island, Matsue Castle, Tusyunoten Shrine and Umeda Sky Building in Osaka
- City tour of Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- See the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- View Mt. Fuji
- Visit the Edo Tokyo Museum, the Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, the Water Temple on Awaji Island, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island
- CITY TOUR of Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima
- SEE the traditional Gassho-zukuri houses in Gokayama, the beautiful gardens of Kenrokuen in Kanazawa
- VIEW Mt. Fuji
- VISIT the Edo Tokyo Museum, the Sensoji Temple in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji 5th Station, the Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangen-do Hall, Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto, the Water Temple on Awaji Island, the Peace Memorial Park and Museum in Hiroshima, the Itsukushima Shrine on Miyajima Island
- Mt. Fuji
- CITY TOUR of Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo
- VIEW the Nachi waterfall in Kumano, Mt. Fuji and Lake Kawaguchi
- VISIT Osaka Castle, the Abeno Harukas Observatory in Osaka, the Kongobuji Temple, the Danjo Garan Temple in Mt. Koya, the Ise Jingu Shrine, Mikimoto Pearl Island in Shima, the Ninja Museum, Ueno Castle in Iga, Bamboo Forest, Kinkakuji Temple, Sanjusangendo Hall in Kyoto, the Tokyo Tower, Sensoji Buddhist Temple, the Imperial Palace Plaza, the 5th station at Mt. Fuji
- Mt. Fuji
- Discover samurai architecture in kanazawa
- Combat winter's chill soaking in outdoor onsen spas
- Sleep in a traditional inn and enjoy a local dinner
- Create your own instant ramen in osaka
- Celebrate the season at local festivals (select departures)
- Meet the ancient terracotta warriors
- Get a bird's-eye view of mt fuji from a cable car
- Stay in a traditional ryokan
- Take in views of mt fuji
- Stay in temple lodging and a traditional ryokan
- Gaze at the famous floating torii gate in miyajima
- Explore kyoto's nijo castle
- Staying in traditional ryokans
- Hiking through forest trails
- Wander the bustling streets of Tokyo, Japan's capital city
- Behold the iconic Mt Fuji and its five lakes
- Be enthralled by the famous Geisha district of Gion in Kyoto
- Explore and experience Kyoto and Osaka
- Walk along the pilgrim’s trail towards the sacred peak of Omine in Nara
- Hike along the kumano kodo pilgrimage route
- Cycle between islands in rural japan
- Visit the fushimi inari shrine in kyoto
- Explore wakayama castle
- Kayak to the famous floating torii gate at miyajima
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Osaka Experiences
Osaka Trip Reviews
184 Osaka Tour Reviews - Summary 91% Recommend
Osaka Tours and Travel Guide
All Osaka tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.4 for all Osaka trips.