Paris - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Explore Paris and Rouen
- Visit Eiffel Tower and Luxemburg Gardens
- Discover Notre dame cathedral
- Visit Giverny and Palace of Versailles
- Explore Sacré-Coeur
- Visit Mont-St.-Michel UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover London
- Explore Paris experience a special drive as we continue to celebrate the freedom
- Enjoy the Palace of Versailles
- Discovering Paris the Louvré, Notre Dame & Eiffel Tower
- See the amazing Benedictine abbey is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most revered wonders of Europe
- Delve into history and culture in france’s norman villages
- Explore d-day and wwii military sites with an expert
- Stroll through claude monet’s garden
- Tauck Exclusive special presentation by Churchill granddaughter Celia Sandys on most 2019 departures; visits to Windsor Castle
- the Tower & British Museum; private capsule on the London Eye; afternoon tea; dinner at a top chef's London restaurant; theatre performance in the West End; Eurostar to Paris; visits to Versailles and Montmartre; privately guided tour of Louvre; private farewell dinner cruise on the Seine; presentation by former Royal Family chef Carolyn Robb
- and special after-hours visit to the Louvre on select
- specially priced departures.
- Add the language track to your program for an additional tuition price and enjoy 30 language classes at a local school
- Select the culinary track for an additional tuition price and enjoy an added eight lectures and five culinary related field trips
- For the ultimate immersion into Parisian life, choose to add both the language and culinary tracks to your learning adventure for an additional tuition price
- Flexible Schedule: Pack your time full of activities or enjoy a more leisurely pace—it’s your choice! Talks led by experts and special themed walking tours are complemented by time to pursue personal interests—solo or with new travel friends. Plus, your resident director is always available to advise on other activities so you’ll feel like a Parisian in no time!
- Live Like a Parisian: Settle into the modern Adagio Paris Opera apart/hotel, located in a historic and bustling neighborhood. Plus, your Paris museum and metro passes provide easy access to the city’s treasures.
- Walking Tours: Take walking tours featuring Le Marais, the Latin Quarter, and historic sites of World War II, and a
special cruise along the Seine, all of which provide a deeper appreciation of Paris.
- Day Excursions: Go beyond Paris to the Palace of Versailles, the Burgundian town of Dijon, and Rouen, the capital of Normandy on special day excursions.
- Cycling through three countries
- Discovering a mix of cities and quiet country towns
- Delighting in the flavours of France, Belgium and Holland
- Enjoying the everchanging scenery
- Staying in small, family-run hotels
- Sailing to Paris, day to explore at leisure
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Soaking up the hospitality onboard the comfortable barge
- Cycling through Auvers sur Oise, where Van Gogh lived
- Travel across europe by train
- Explore tiny villages and big capital cities
- Soak in gorgeous alpine scenery from the window of the glacier express
- Sample cuisine across different countries
- Get spooked at dracula's castle
- Welcome to Switzerland
- Guided walking tour, with the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge
- Excursion to Mount Pilatus (in case of bad weather, visit the Swiss Transport Museum instead; transfer to Basel to join your ship; onboard welcome reception
- Choice of excursion to Black Forest, or guided tour in Colmar
- Guided sightseeing, visit La Petite France district and the gothic cathedral
- Guided tour of Heidelberg Castle, see the Great Vat; visit the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz
- Visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum in Rüdesheim; special treat; scenic cruise through the Rhine Gorge; guided walk in Koblenz
- Choice of “Cologne Highlights” walking tour, or Jewish Heritage walking tour
- Canal cruise
- Travel to Paris by high-speed train (first class)
- Guided sightseeing, Seine river cruise
- Travel to London by high-speed Eurostar train (Standard class)
- : guided sightseeing, visit St. Paul’s Cathedral (except on Sundays)
- You’ll start your European vacation tour with a visit to Lucerne, Switzerland
- Your Monograms® Local Host® is on hand to assist you with sightseeing, free-time recommendations, and any other assistance you need during your 2-night stay in Lucerne
- Visit ST. Paul’s Cathedral (except on Sundays)
- Visit Harrods to admire the amazing displays in the food halls and discover the delights of the world’s most famous luxury department store
- See Big Ben and Westminster Abbey from 443 feet high on the London Eye
- Go for high tea after catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Cruise the Seine River and float past Paris’ most notable landmarks
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Walk the footsteps of the Gladiators in the Colosseum
- Explore ancient Rome, the Vatican and Sistine Chapel
- City Tour of Paris – Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe & more!
- Monet’s House & Gardens (Giverny)
- Versailles Optional Excursion
- Cathédrale Notre-Dame (Rouen)
- Mont St. Michel (Normandy)
- Normandy Beaches
- Normandy American Cemetery
- Chateau de Chambord (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Villandry (Loire Valley)
- Chateau Chenonceau (Loire Valley)
- Wine Tasting (Civray de Touraine)
- Cezanne Studio (Aix-en-Provence)
- Palais des Papes (Avignon)
- Calanques Cruise (Cassis)
- Monte Carlo Optional Excursion
- Grasse & St. Paul de Vence Optional Excursion
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Paris Experiences
Walking up the famous Eiffel Tower followed by a lovely afternoon picnic on the Champ de Mars
Strolling the Champs-Élysées
Touring the imposing Notre Dame Cathedral
Spending hours in the Lourve, passing by famous work after famous work including the Mona Lisa
Taking a walking tour and learning about the salon culture of Paris at the turn of the century
Enjoying a long meal of impeccable French cuisine
Visiting the historic Shakespeare & Company bookstore
Paris Trip Reviews
105 Paris Tour Reviews - Summary 95% Recommend
Paris Tours and Travel Guide
Paris Attractions & Landmarks GuideStunning and classic Paris beckons thousands of visitors year after year. The heartbeat of France, Paris has been on the world stage for centuries, from significant peace talks, to hosting famous philosophers and writers. Today it is a popular start or end point on many France tours.
All Paris tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Paris trips.