1,926 Reviews of Peru Tours
Enchanted Peru December 20165.0
Wonderful trip, beautiful country, great company! August 20165.0
Machu Picchu and Colca canyon (complete with condors), the Nazca lines and the Amantani homestay are the obvious ones but the dune buggies and sand surfing were such fun, as was the train ride up to Aguas Calientes a nice change from the bus. It was also good having a "base" in Cusco before and after Machu Picchu to get some serious shopping done in the markets!
Diana was fabulous, the 4 of us had a great time together and she was very attentive and practical, looking after me when I was feeling the effects of the altitude and the windy roads up into the mountains. She shared her Peru with us and helped us source some cheaper tours in Cusco using her contacts. Great guide!
Everyone has their own tips and I always follow others' advice so apologies if some of these are already mentioned by others:
- It's usually possible to make a sandwich lunch at breakfast time - we saved a fortune!
- Dune buggy/sand surfing, fab activity but don't take a good camera as everything will get sandy, and ladies remove earrings (I lost one of mine en route down a dune!)
- Nazca flight was worthwhile but v small planes and less stable than helicopter (which they can't use due to the sand disturbance)
- Use BCP atms (in the lobby of the BCP banks) as they don't charge you for use unlike other machines housed in shops
- Get $ out of atms and change as you need the soles, lots and lots of places evereywhere for money exchange.
- Exchange money at Cusco as rates at Machu Picchu worse
- Ask your guide about cheaper options for joining group tours at Cusco to save money if you can't afford private ones.
- Cusco market is fab
- in Chivay "setmenu-and-show" sounded naff but was quite fun and good value.
Great trip thanks Exodus, this has been on my "list" for ages!
If you are thinking of going just do it, I'm not very fit but managed all the activities including walking to the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu. There is limited time to relax but so much to see and do, you certainly won't be bored.
Operator Exodus Travels
Enjoyed the highlights August 20165.0
We had an amazing time June 20165.0
Operator Machu Travel Peru
Our guide, Ofelia, was excellent and we enjoyed our time with her! June 20165.0
Say thank you to all the people at your agency who helped us while we were in Cusco.
Operator Kuoda Travel