Trips to Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change
Rising sea levels and temperatures are having devastating effects on some of the world’s most unique and beautiful destinations. Climate change impacts not only our planets landscape but local economies as well. Visit now before they’re gone - and if you want to take it a step further, opt in to the Stride Gives Back program! We’ll donate 10% of our revenue to organizations working to mitigate climate change a ... Read More
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Explore impressive Andean massifs of Torres del Paine are surrounded by glaciers, waterfalls, lakes and lagoons
- Visit Torres del Paine
- Discover Santiago de Chile
- Tour takes to Ahu Vinapu to find the ruins of two moais and one of the platforms bearing a striking resemblance
- Local Expert Italian Guides: Easy-to-understand, Friendly
- Hosted by STORY Tour Captain throughout your journey
- Experience Wine-Tasting story Exclusive Tuscan
- Story's Handpicked Deluxe Heart-of-City Hotels
- Story's Complimentary Laundry Service Mid-Tour to help you pack lighter
- Magic Portage included beginning to end
- Internet WiFi Access for Story Guests
- Included Gondola with our own Italian Musician's Serenade
- CRUISE to Hamilton Island, Great Barrier Reef
- ORIENTATION of Brisbane
- VIEW whales off Byron Bay, koalas at Australia Zoo, rainforest and lakes on Fraser Island, colourful coral and tropical fish
- VISIT Byron Bay, Australia Zoo, Fraser Island, a cattle station, Kuranda
- Savor dinner at one of Jerusalem's most popular restaurants.
- Get a taste of the local flavor at a kibbutz.
- Venture to the ancient Roman capital of Caesarea, built by Herod the Great around 22 B.C.
- See a boat that sailed the Sea of Galilee approximately 2,000 years ago.
- Ascend the ancient walls of Masada by cable car.
- Discover the ancient cities of Nazareth and Bethlehem.
- Explore the oldest city on earth — the ancient ruins of Jericho.
- Delight in the wonder of the Dead Sea.
- Cruise along the Napo River. Seated comfortably in your covered motorboat,
- Visit to the Quito community for a lesson on local culture, After that, another short hike will put us at our second clay lick of the day for another round of unique viewing
- You'll discover how the community has evolved over the years for the better, developing leaps and bounds in areas such as health care and education
- As we canoe away from this awesome area, otters, monkeys and rare bids will be around to bid us farewell.
- Marvel at the stunning scenery from africa's highest mountain
- Camp along the trail
- Summit to uhuru peak at sunrise
- Search for iconic Arctic wildlife, such as whales, seals and seabirds
- Explore the Ilulissat Icefjord and Kujataa farming communities, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Meet locals and experience traditional Inuit settlements
- Visit Norse historical sites and learn about this fascinating culture
- Cruise in a Zodiac to explore icebergs, glaciers, fjords and more
- Travel in a small expedition vessel
- Accompanied by extremely qualified Expedition Staff
- Take in the spectacular Perito Moreno Glacier and the quaint town of Puerto Natales
- Embark on scenic day walks in Los Glaciares National Park
- Explore the beautiful valleys, glaciers and trails around Monte Fitz Roy
- Trek amongst the stunning wilderness of Torres del Paine National Park
- Behold the awe inspiring scenery around the Towers of Paine
- Explore Buenos Aires City Tour
- Navigate the Beagle Channel
- Cross the Drake Passage
- Traverse Cape Horn
- See the spectacular South Shetland Islands
- Explorations by Zodiac (Small Boat)
- Antarctic Peninsula is known for its scenic beauty and large population of Humpback Whales
- Explore Drake Passag get close to Penguins & Seals
- Hear the Roar of the Glaciers
- Visit Yankee Harbour, an inner harbor on Greenwich Island
- Experience ride through farmland crossing the vast Plaine de la Crau.
- Bike the agricultural valley roads that lay below the Alpilles, Provence's iconic mini-Alps, until you descend into St-Rémy
- Discover Lyon, the third-largest city in France
- Ride through many authentic villages and famous wine appellations
- Picturesque Queenstown
- Milford Sound
- Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Sydney Opera House
- Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
- Visit Magdalena Island Penguins
- Enjoy Ultima Esperanza Sound Boat Excursion
- Enjoy an escursion to Torres del Paine Park
- View Perito Moreno Glacier (El Calafate)
- Embark on an unforgettable full-day boat excursion to nearby Glaciers National Park
- Experience Buenos Aires
- Tour of Charming Santiago
- See the picturesque Queenstown
- Explore Milford Sound one of the most scenic in the world
- After a spectacukar visit to Dunedin have a great Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- See the Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Explore Sydney Opera House
- See the impressive Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Awesome Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
- Enjoy Sensual Tango in Buenos Aires
- Visit Ushuaia
- Tour & Cruise Perito Moreno Glacier
- Cruise the Beagle Channel in Ushuaia
- See Tango in Buenos Aires
- Explore Iguazu Falls
- Enjoy Perito Moreno Glacier Tour
- Experience Patagonia Adventure
- Peninsula Valdes Whale Watching
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change Experiences
Sailing through icebergs in a zodiac in Antarctica and viewing penguins on the shore
Learning about the enigmatic moai statues on Easter Island from an expert guide
Hiking among ice blue glaciers in Patagonia
Dog-sledding in Greenland with a local guide
Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef among the bright colors of thousands of fish and coral. Learning about how climate change is affecting these species from a marine biologist
Floating weightless in the Dead Sea
Wine tasting in the Rhone Valley, sampling varietals unique to the region and that thrive in its specific environment
Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change Trip Reviews
Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change Tours and Travel Guide
Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change Attractions & Landmarks Guide
Rising sea levels and temperatures are having devastating effects on some of the world’s most unique and beautiful destinations. Climate change impacts not only our planets landscape but local economies as well. Visit now before they’re gone - and if you want to take it a step further, opt in to the Stride Gives Back program! We’ll donate 10% of our revenue to organizations working to mitigate climate change around the world.
All tours, packages, and adventure trips to see places vanishing fast due to climate change. Average rating of 4.8 for all Places Disappearing Due to Climate Change trips.