Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Explore Galapagos Islands which is a top nature spot in the world
- Experiencing camping in the island of Galapagos not the usual of just touring it with cruise
- Get up close and personal with both the local people and the wildlife
- Visit sites that are not on the main tourist routes
- Play in the water with sea lions
- Get within a few feet of blue footed boobies, marine iguanas and the giant Galapagos tortoises
- Watch pelicans and boobies dive for fish
- Snorkel in transparent water rich with sea-life and even swim with sharks, if you dare.
- Experience the wildlife of the Galapagos Islands than on one of our land-based Galapagos tours.
- Enjoy this tour, you kayak almost every day, starting with shorter paddles, building up to two full days of paddling while moving from one camp to another on the island of San Cristobal.
- If kayaking is your passion, you are sure to love this tour which is limited to just 8 guests giving you a more intimate experience on the islands.
- Join in the fun as we set up camp each day, spend our nights falling asleep to the sounds of ocean waves, and wake up under the magical Galapagos sky.
- Explore Santa Cruz to a private farm to see the giant Galapagos tortoise.
- Explore Galapagos is all about wildlife. A wild menagerie of remarkable animals thrives on these remote islands, scattered nearly 700 miles (1000 km) off the coast of Ecuador. The seclusion of this archipelago honed the development of unique animals, untouched and unafraid of human civilization.
- See though the Galapagos now allows a limited number of visitors to its enchanted shores, careful habitat-management preserves this charmed ecosystem. The beauty of a sea kayak as a vessel for wildlife viewing lies in its non-intrusive, eco-friendly presence.
- Exoerience this 8-day itinerary, live the wonders of the Galapagos by getting down to sea level in this exquisite marine environment. Giant tortoises, iguanas, blue-footed-boobies, and Darwin’s finches delight on island reaches, while penguins, sea lions, and an endless palette of underwater life beckon from the surf in this "Bucket List" adventure.
- The “up-close-and-personal” nature of this itinerary allows for 5 nights spent camping on the beach on two different islands, and plenty of time on the water for paddling.
- You’ll also enjoy the classic Galapagos highlights, like a visit to the wild tortoises farm and volcanic lava tunnels, with ample time to explore beautiful and fascinating beaches as well as the pockets of interesting animal populations that make the Galapagos unique. Finally, no Galapagos trip is
- Visit the Enchanted Islands with the pioneers in Galápagos small-group travel and sail by deluxe, privately chartered yacht—a fully MTS operated and expert-led experience!
- Anchor at nature’s doorstep and encounter incredible endemic wildlife, including giant tortoises, marine iguanas, penguins, and more, with the full leadership of certified Class III naturalists
- Hike, snorkel and kayak among exquisite volcanic landscapes in one of the world’s top nature destinations, while our specialist yacht crew and dedicated in-country staff attend to your every need
- Relax in style aboard your luxury yacht and bookend your trip with a stay at a 5-star hotel in the beautiful colonial city of Quito
- Live like a native Ecuadorian as you move into your own apartment and explore local cafes, museums and more
- Improve your Spanish during daily language classes and opportunities to practice your new skills as you maneuver through daily life in the city
- Join your Group Leader and fellow participants for weekly field trips and a three-day excursion in the Galápagos Islands to cap your adventure
- It’s the Galapagos!
- Expert Naturalist Guides
- Luxury eco-tented camp
- View Giant tortoises
- Visit Charles Darwin Research Center
- Optional kayaking
- Snorkeling & scuba diving opportunities
- Encounter sea lions and Galapagos penguins
- Island nature walks and hikes.
- Abundant bird life
- Santa Cruz Highlands
- Discover Baltra Island and Santa Cruz Island
- Have a chance to kayak, snorkel and stand up paddleboard in Galapagos
- Explore National Park and Marine Reserve
- Don’t miss opportunity to see the Galapagos penguin’s, Sea turtles and sea lions
- Visit Yasuni National Park
- Explore the stunning Galapagos Islands!
- Amazing plant and animal life
- Enjoy a mix of hiking and snorkeling
- Wonderful accommodations
- All-inclusive add-on trip from Quito, Ecuador
- Fascinating natural & cultural history
- Fantastic Ecuadorean cuisine
- Visit Galapagos Islands
- Discover Isabela Island, Bartolomé Island
- Visit Seymour Island, a spectacular place to hike and enjoy the scenery
- Explore the famous “Muro de las Lágrimas” and “Mirador Orchidia” viewpoint
- Visit Giant Tortoise Breeding Center
- Travel to the stunning island of Isabela
- See the Galapagos penguins at Tintoreras Islet
- Dive into the lava tunnels
- Visit Charles Darwin Scientific Research Center
- Discover Guayaquil
- Enjoy the Guided tour to Giant Tortoise Breeding Centre
- Visit Galápagos National Park
- Snorkel through the clear blue water in Isabela Island
- Explore Kicker Rock
- Visit Tortuga Bay beach
- Experience the gateway to the Galapagos
- Learn about this grand biosphere at the Charles Darwin Research Station
- Relax at Playa los alemanes
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Tortuga Bay
- Explore sites of historical and cultural significance, from colonial Quito to the stunning Galápagos
- Get up-close and personal with sea lions, giant Galápagos tortoises, volcanoes
- Enjoy Kayak San Pablo Lake, Indigenous Women Project, Otavalo Indigenous Market
- Explore San Cristóbal Island, Hike Frigate Hill, Snorkel Darwin’s Bay
- Enjoy the hike Sierra Negra and Volcano Chico
- Visit Giant Tortoises, Kayak Academy Bay to Punta Estrada
- Discover Quito
- Explore Santa Cruz Island and Galápagos Islands
- Explore Puerto Ayora
- Learn about the birds and animals, geology, marine life and oceanic systems of the Galapagos Islands
- Experience snorkelling in Galápagos Islands
- Explore Santa Cruz highlands to view endemic Galapagos plant species
- Visit lava tubes and sinkholes
- Explore Quito and Puerto Ayora
- Discover Galapagos Islands and Santa Cruz Island
- Cruise through your luxury yacht for a week, spending as much time ashore as the Park rules permit.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Puerto Ayora Experiences
Puerto Ayora Trip Reviews
Puerto Ayora Tours and Travel Guide
All Puerto Ayora tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Puerto Ayora trips.