Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- San Cristobal Hill (Santiago)
- Picturesque Bariloche
- Buenos Aires City Tour
- Tango Show (Buenos Aires)
- Iguassu Falls
- Sugar Loaf Mountain (Rio)
- Copacabana (Rio)
- Visit San Cristobal Hill in Santiago
- Explore Picturesque Bariloche and enjoy dramatic landscapes, spectacular emerald green lakes, gushing waterfalls, snow-capped volcanoes and dense forests
- Explore Buenos Aires City your
- Enjoy seeing Tango Show (Buenos Aires)
- Enjoy a walk along the Iguassu river canyon to appreciate the flora and fauna
- Amazing visit to Iguassu river
- Enjoy Sensual Tango in Buenos Aires
- Cruise Bariloche´s Lakes into Chile
- Explore Iguazu Falls National Park
- Hike in Chalten & Torres del Paine
- Tour & Cruise Perito Moreno Glacier
- Enjoy travelling to Chile
- Explore Atacama Desert
- Experience Santiago de Chile Tours
- Discover Puerto Montt Town
- Visit to Torres del Paine National Park
- Enjoy Grand Circuit excursion
- Cherish scenic boat crossing Lake Todos los Santos
- Explore the Parana River delta
- Relish roaming around the streets of Bariloche
- Visit this city famous for its market considered the best infrastructure in Chiloé
- Explore Santiago
- Explore the Atacama Desert
- See the Lake District which possesses many incredible sights, and one is the the Osorno Volcano painted
- Discover Modern City Tour with San Cristóbal Hill
- The Chile Natural Voyage
- Visit Chile
- Explore amazing city of Santiago
- Discover Atacama Desert
- Enjoy magical island of Chiloé with its distinct cultures and traditions
- Get excited seeing natural and varied wonders of the southern Andes
- See starkly magnificent granite spires of Torres del Paine
- Visit majestic massive prehistoric cave
- Orientation of Puerto Varas
- Cruise in Chile's Lake Region
- Scenic Drive through the Sacred Valley
- Iconic train journey aboard the Vistadome train
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, Pisac, Sacsayhuaman, Ollantaytambo, Machu Picchu, Chile's wine country, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado
- Cruise in Chile's Lake Region, on Lake Nahuel Huapi in Argentina
- Orientation of Puerto Varas
- View Devil's Throat Falls
- Visit the Christ the Redeemer statue, Chile's wine country, Sugarloaf Mountain, Corcovado
- Two South American countries
- Cycle across the Andes
- Iconic Andean Lakes
- See Monkey Puzzle Forests
- Ride the 'Seven Lakes Road'
- Cycle alongside Lago Llanquihue
- Active volcanoes & lush forests
- Free time to visit Bariloche & Pucon
- Ride in Conguillio National Park
- Take part in a tango lesson taught by dancers at a venue popular with locals
- Enjoy a lecture on the perito moreno glacier from an expert
- Walk with penguins on martillo island
- Navigate the beagle channel on a catamaran
- Explore ushuaia (the earth's southernmost city)
- Bariloche is a wonderland of outdoor delights. a leisurely three-night stay gives you time to cruise nahuel hapi lake, soak up andean scenery and sample local specialities - especially during a high tea in hotel llao llao
- Learn more about the rapid growth of the microbrewery industry from a passionate and knowledgeable brew master in the region
- Bask in the splendour of argentina's lakes district en route to puerto varas, chile. a full day of cruising and sightseeing reveals lush forests, misty andean giants and snow-capped volcanoes
- Enjoy a 2 night 'feature stay' in torres del paine national park
- Discover the best of torres del paine national park's glacial landscapes, with an in-depth day trip to its hidden lagoons and lakes – plus a morning cruise to the grey glacier
- Step into the world of the perito merino glacier. this extraordinary, 35-kilometre-long ice mass is one of the few glaciers in the world that's advancing rather than melting away
- Take a week to sip the best wines in the world
- Rest and relax in chile's beautiful lake district
- Discover the "cruce de lagos" on a scenic ferry cruise
- Dance the tango in buenos aires
- Taste the best chilean wines before making your own with the help of an expert
- Learn some new moves with a tango lesson in a popular dance studio
- Enjoy a lesson on chilean cuisine from a local family
- Visit an afro-brazilian community and enjoy a savoury local dish for lunch
- Marvel at the might iguassu falls
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Puerto Varas Experiences
Puerto Varas Trip Reviews
55 Puerto Varas Tour Reviews - Summary 96% Recommend
Puerto Varas Tours and Travel Guide
All Puerto Varas tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Puerto Varas trips.