Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Enjoy riding along the Danube Bike Path
- Discover the Old City in Passau
- Visit 'Donau Auen' National Park
- Enjoy a casual bike tour of the main sights and explore Budapest
- Experience ride through farmland crossing the vast Plaine de la Crau.
- Bike the agricultural valley roads that lay below the Alpilles, Provence's iconic mini-Alps, until you descend into St-Rémy
- Discover Lyon, the third-largest city in France
- Ride through many authentic villages and famous wine appellations
- Enjoy wine tasting in Melk and beer tasting in fascinating Regensburg
- Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by local chefs, entertainers, artisans, and experts
- Visits cities in four European nations
- Enjoy the beauty of river Danube.
- Visit the World War II Peace Memorial Museum
- Visit the famed Sacre Coeur Basilica, with its dramatic perch on the top of the Montmartre hill.
- Enjoy cruising on Seine River
- Explore the sleepy village of Les Andelys
- Enjoy views of Chateau Gaillard, an imposing fortress from the era of Richard the Lionhearted
- Visit Rouen's wonderful Gothic Notre Dame Cathedral
- Visit the Benedictine Order Castle at Fecamp and savor a taste of the famous Benedictine liqueur
- Visit the Battery at Longues Sur Mer
- Watch in awe as a herd of 40 elephants strolls by on the banks of the Chobe, just meters from your tender boat
- Try your hand at fishing for Tiger and Bream, watching for approaching wildlife between casts
- Listen for the call of the coppery-tailed coucal and chirping cisticola, just two of the 400+ bird species that call the Chobe home
- Experience the gentle nature of rural Africa on a visit to a riverside village, where we'll meet the locals and browse a beautiful selection of handmade crafts
- Settle in beneath a star-studded sky as the ZQ’s generator shuts down (LED and reading lights available), offering a welcome quiet to the end of an exhilarating day
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top River Cruises for Seniors Experiences
River Cruises for Seniors Trip Reviews
21 River Cruises for Seniors Tour Reviews - Summary 90% Recommend
River Cruises for Seniors Tours and Travel Guide
All River Cruises for Seniors tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all River Cruises for Seniors trips.