Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- CITY TOUR in Berlin, Warsaw, Kraków, Budapest, Vienna and Prague
- ORIENTATION of Frankfurt and Leipzig
- VISIT the Berlin TV Tower, Poznań, the monastery of Jasna Gora, the concentration camp at Auschwitz, the Fisherman's Bastion in Budapest, Győr, Tábor, St. Vitus' Cathedral and the Old Town Square of Prague
- VIEW the famous Reichstag and Tiergarten in Berlin, Kraków Cathedral and the UNESCO-listed Castle District in Budapest
- Budapest: Your Welcome Dinner is a treat of mouthwatering Hungarian specialties, accompanied by specially-selected Hungarian wine, as you dine at the famous and elegant Gundel Restaurant.
- Warsaw: Enjoy a demonstration of the traditional techniques of dumpling-making with an expert chef. Then enjoy a hearty Polish Highlight Dinner with a variety of local delicacies and drinks.
- České Budějovice: Tour a local brewery to discover the secrets of how the golden vintage of beer is made, followed by a sampling.
- Český Krumlov: For your Dine-Around Evening, choose your own style of ambience and cuisine from a fine selection of restaurants in the atmospheric centre.
- Vienna: Your Imperial Viennese Celebration Dinner is regal splendour on a plate. Enjoy a delicious three-course dinner with wine and a concert of classical music that pays homage to the genius of Strauss and Mozart.
- Dining Summary: 13 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- Budapest: With a Local Expert, see Matthias Church and gaze out over the Danube to the Hungarian Parliament Building from the Fisherman’s Bastion. Atop Gellért Hill see the Liberty Statue presiding over the city.
- Kraków: The medieval heart of Kraków is rich in legend, a kind of Polish Camelot. Join your Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of this historic Holy Grail. Walk past Jagiellonian University, through the Old Town to the town square and see the medieval Sukiennice Cloth Hall.
- Kraków: Visit the cathedral atop Wawel Hill, see the castle and look for the iconic dragon, accompanied by your Local Expert.
- Kraków: Visit the 14th century St. Mary’s Basilica, the most important church in the city.
- Auschwitz: Join a Holocaust historian and experience a powerful and moving visit to the memorial and museum of Auschwitz and a stop at Birkenau, which bears witness to the terrible atrocities of the Holocaust.
- Częstochowa: Visit the 14th century Monastery of Jasna Góra, famous for the Black Madonna supposedly to have been painted by St. Luke.
- Warsaw: Your Local Expert will show you the city's highlights. See the Old Town, Royal Castle, Palace of Culture and visit the Chopin Memorial in the Łazienki Park before paying your respects at the Monument to the Ghetto Heroes.
- Berlin: You Local Expert provides a tour of this vibrant city. Drive along the Ku'Damm, passing the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and through Tiergarten to the Reichstag building. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House and visit Alexanderplatz.
- Dresden: During your orientation with your Travel Director, take a moment to admire the 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic on the Saxon wall of the castle. You'll also see Frauenkirche, Zwinger Palace and the opera house, Semperoper.
- Prague: Bewitched by the gargoyles of St. Vitus Cathedral and ghosts of Bohemian Kings, experience a private tour with your Local Expert through the atmospheric courtyards of Prague Castle.
- Prague: Led by your Local Expert, explore the delightful Old Town Square and see the detailed Astronomical Clock that delights onlookers each hour.
- Český Krumlov: Your Travel Director will lead you an orientation of the city.
- Český Krumlov: Let a Local Expert lead you through a medieval labyrinth of private chambers, courtyards, kitchens and dungeons of the castle, so rich in history. Visit the fairytale castle considered to be the finest in the land.
- Vienna: A private tour with a Local Expert showcases the sheer opulence of Schönbrunn Palace, rich in Rococo and glittering gold, and its spectacular formal gardens.
- Vienna: Sightseeing with your Local Expert continues as you travel along the Ring Road to see the Hofburg Imperial Residence, Opera House, Parliament Building and Karlskirche.
- Scenic Drives: Your journey travels through Donovaly, the country's most famous winter resort you'll see Oravský Hrad Castle and some of Slovakia’s traditional wooden houses as you pass through the Low Tatra Mountains. Continue across the Polish plains, through the Ore Mountains and Bohemia.
- See the site of Checkpoint Charlie
- See the Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate & historic Reichstag building
- Walking tour of Amsterdam
- Driving tour of Berlin
- Visit former concentration camp Auschwitz-Birkenau
- Driving tour of Vienna
- Canal dinner cruise in Amsterdam
- Walking tour of Bratislava
- Driving tour of Copenhagen
- Walking tour of the restored city of Dresden
- Walking tour of Prague
- Walking tour of Kraków
- Driving tour of Budapest
- 21-night cruise plus 2-night-stay in Bucharest
- exclusive Imperial Evening in Vienna
- VIP dinner in Bucharest's Parliament Palace
- passage through the Iron Gate of the Danube
- guided Rijksmuseum tour
- private visit to Belgrade's Royal Palace of Dedinje
- Exploring the majestic cities of Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest
- Experiencing the timelessness of the river landscape
- Visiting the Basilica in Esztergom and the Danube Bend
- Discovering the "Little Alföld" Protected Area, the Danube floodplain National park; and the Archaeological Park Carnuntum
- Cycle leafy paths from vibrant Vienna to Bratislava and bohemian Budapest
- Follow the Danube downstream, passing romantic castles, picturesque villages and lowland forests
- Experience one of Austria's most important archaeological sites, the Roman remains at Carnuntum
- Marvel at the domed Basilica of Esztergom, reflected in the still waters of the Danube Bend
- Straddle the borders of Hungary and Slovakia in the historic spa town of Komarom
- Summit Mt Rysy (2,499m), Poland's highest mountain
- Spend a night in the picturesque folk town of Zakopane
- Experience the change of landscape from the Western to the Eastern Tatras
- Challenging walking and dramatic mountain views
- Soak up the royal history of Krakow's Wawel Castle and step back in time with a stroll through the city's medieval main square
- Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and bohemian vibes of the Czech Republic. Step right into a fairytale in the World Heritage-listed town of Cesky Krumlov before soaking up the smooth sounds of jazz at a low-lit bar in Prague
- So much of what is great about Europe can be found in Vienna. Revel in the city's rich offerings of art, history and music and stroll along the eclectic Ringstrasse
- Enjoy a scenic walk along the banks of the River Danube in Budapest. Threaded with bridges and hemmed in by castles and historic city buildings, Europe’s second longest river is also one of its most beautiful
- Hike in the picturesque Tatra Mountains and traverse the steep slopes via funicular, gondola and electric steam train
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Entry & Guided tour of the KGB Museum
- Guided Tour of Auschwitz Concentration Camp
- Onboard welcome reception
- Guided tour, see Heroes’ Square
- Choice of guided tour, visit St. Martin’s Cathedral, or hike to the castle
- Guided tour
- Choice of guided tour, or hike up to the castle ruins in Dürnstein; scenic cruise through the Wachau Valley; guided tour of the Benedictine Abbey in Melk; wine tasting on board
- Guided tour
- Guided tour
- Lecture on board; choice of guided sightseeing of Roth, or guided sightseeing in Nuremberg, or Nuremberg Rally Grounds tour
- Guided walk, see the Old Town Hall; lecture on board
- Guided sightseeing, visit the Bishop’s Residenz
- Guided walk
- Special treat; visit Siegfried’s Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, or take a guided hike through the vineyards with your Adventure Host, and enjoy the view with a cable car ride back down; scenic cruise through the Rhine Gorge
- Choice of Cologne highlights walking tour, or Jewish Heritage walking tour
- Canal cruise
- From Budapest to Amsterdam, and many exciting stops along the way, you’ll be immersed in the culture of Central Europe in a unique way on this timeless river cruise vacation
- Your river cruise adventure begins with visits to three of Europe’s vibrant capital cities: Budapest (Hungary), Bratislava (Slovakia), and Vienna (Austria)
- Visit Munich, the capital of the state of Bavaria
- Explore Salzburg, birthplace of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Discover the musical city of Vienna; home to many famous composers
- Admire the incredible architecture and experience a warm welcome in Budapest
- Get to know the captivating history of Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Appreciate the architectural diversity in Prague
- Cycle along the scenic paths of the Danube River Valley for an immersion into the cultures of Austria, Slovakia and Hungary
- Discover the ancient history of Arabian horse breeding during a visit to an equestrian museum and stud farm
- With a local historian, embark on a walking field trip of the Old Town Bratislava to learn about its history and landmarks
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Slovakia Experiences
- Going to Bratislava castle and walking to Hungary on Novy Most bridge
- Michaels Gate
- Cave exploring in Demänovská and Belianska
- Hiking in Vel'ka Fatra National Park
Slovakia Trip Reviews
184 Slovakia Tour Reviews - Summary 98% Recommend
Slovakia Tours and Travel Guide
All Slovakia tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Slovakia trips.