Sydney - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Spend meaningful time in Sydney, exploring the city and the landscapes around it
- Jet off to Cairns, for a self drive exploration of Tropical Queensland and the Great Barrier Reef
- Three to four star hand-picked twin share accommodation, amazing inclusions such as a Port Macquarie sunset cruise.
- Amazing local food experiences such as a 'farm to plate' experience in beautiful Byron Bay
- Small group travel, maximum of 16 people
- Explore Sydney Opera House and Rocks area
- Enjoy cruising to Whitsunday Island
- Visit beach of Whitehaven
- Enjoy very scenic train journey to Cairns
- Visit stunning Bondi Beach, one of Sydney’s most beautiful beaches
- Visit Taronga Zoo to see some of Australia’s native animals, such as koalas, kangaroos, and platypuses; shop for souvenirs; or relax on nearby Manly Beach
- City tour in Melbourne and Sydney.
- Cruise on the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland and Sydney Harbour.
- View Darling Harbour from your Sydney hotel room and the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House from the water.
- Visit Hartley's Crocodile Adventures in Queensland, the Sydney Opera House and Bondi Beach.
- See the picturesque Queenstown
- Explore Milford Sound one of the most scenic in the world
- After a spectacukar visit to Dunedin have a great Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- See the Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Explore Sydney Opera House
- See the impressive Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Awesome Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
- Experience the red centre and witness the majesty of uluru at sunrise
- Discover melbourne's hidden laneways
- Tour the james cook university aquarium
- Enjoy an indigenous experience in the heart of sydney's waterfront
- Follow an aboriginal guide through the daintree rainforest
- Opt to visit the great barrier reef
- Sail around the scenic whitsundays
- Try surfing in byron bay
- Hike the blue mountains
- 5 Day progressive surf course @ 7 Mile beach Gerroa
- Surf & Party @ the famous Byron Bay
- Trip finishes in Byron Bay
- All surf equipment supplied
- Purpose built surf camp and Central Byron Bay accommodation
- Tasty buffet meals including Aussie BBQs
- FREE Photos, Video, T Shirt, Trucker Cap & $20 Rip Curl Voucher
- Picturesque Queenstown
- Milford Sound
- Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Sydney Opera House
- Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
- Panoramic London City Tour
- Windsor Castle (London)
- Great Pyramids & Sphinx of Giza
- Egyptian Museum
- Buddhist Temples (Bangkok)
- Optional Floating Market (Bangkok)
- Tanah Lot (Bali)
- Bali Herbal & Nature Walk
- Sydney Harbor Lunch Cruise
- Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Explore Fiji
- Garden of Sleeping Giant (Fiji)
- STORY Exclusive: Winery Visit in New Zealand
- Sunset in Ayer's Rock - Sunrise at Ayer's Rock in the Outback
- Full Day VIP Top Deck Cruise Experience on the Great Barrier Reef with VIP Lunch
- World Heritage Rainforest with Skyrail
- STORY departures feature exclusive charter flights in Australia and New Zealand
- Australia's Natural Wonders: Koala, Kangaroo and Crocs, too!
- STORY Exclusive Reception: Wine & Plates Cruise on Sydney Harbour
- Cruise on the amazing Milford Sound, New Zealand
- STORY Exclusive Reception: Farewell Reception in Queenstown
- 25 Meals throughout your Journey
- Savor a memorable bush dinner in the Australian Outback.
- Take in the sights during a delightful dinner cruise of Sydney Harbour.
- Brace yourself as you meet a Tasmanian Devil.
- See koalas in their natural setting during a stop at a koala conservation center.
- Feel at home when overnighting at a New Zealand family’s home.
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef.
- Tour the sandstone domes known as Kata Tjuta at the base of Ayers Rock.
- Witness the Little Penguins on the beach at Phillip Island.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Sydney Experiences
- Walking across the Sydney Harbor Bridge for spectacular views
- Wandering through spooky Luna Park
- Taking a day cruise around the harbor
- Visiting the Sydney Opera House for a performance
- Exploring the historic Rocks area
- Having a delicious seafood meal at Rocks Cafe with views of the picturesque harbor
- Wandering around the incredible Botanical Gardens
Sydney Trip Reviews
101 Sydney Tour Reviews - Summary 94% Recommend
Sydney Tours and Travel Guide
Sydney Attractions & Landmarks GuidePicturesque Sydney is often one of the first things people see when they visit Australia. The vibrant city is a hub - exhibiting incredible food, theater, shopping and of course the famous views of the harbor bridge and opera house. For a really unique view of the city and to conquer a fear of heights, don't miss out on the bridge walk - a fantastic experience walking up and over the Sydney Harbor Bridge.
All Sydney tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Sydney trips.