Thames River - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- See the Houses of Parliament, the River Thames, the Tower of London and Buckingham Palace
- Explore London
- Sightseeing of Edinburgh
- We will enjoy a stroll on the banks of River Liffey
- Sightseeing tour of Dublin
- Magnificent countryside of high mountains and lakes
- On expert-led walks, discover quaint Cotswold villages and wildlife-rich sandy bays and the dramatic coastline of Cornwall.
- Learn about the Cotswolds’ designation as an “Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty” from a Countryside Ranger.
- Meet a local Cornwall expert to hear about the spectacular coastline and its wildlife.
- Take a walk down trendy Oxford Street and find yourself in the Theatre District in just minutes.
- The Encore Theatre Passports give you the freedom to choose from tons of the best current shows.
- Enjoy traditional Afternoon Tea at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre!
- Hop on a bike or simply take a stroll through London's green lung, Hyde Park.
- Experience all that London has to offer, from museums, galleries, and iconic buildings, to vibrant nightlife, pubs, and trendy shopping areas.
- Learn what daily life was like in London when it was a wealthy Roman provincial capital as an expert leads you on a walk revealing the walls, streets and archaeological sites of this period.
- Delve into the lives of the Tudors and examine the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London.
- Most afternoons are yours to explore London’s cultural, historic and architectural treasures on your own.
- One vibrant city packed with activity. You'll soon feel like a London native!
- Take a day trip to Bath, Stonehenge, and Windsor Castle.
- Three different tours will allow you to see all of the must-sees in London.
- Escape the bustle of the city in an upscale, luxurious hotel.
- London is filled with museums and galleries - don't miss out on those!
- Tailor this trip to your style and budgey with our fine choice of city-center hotels.
- Travel through the Chunnel aboard the Eurostar Train from London to Paris… with private rail station transfers to make your travel truly carefree!
- Our included hop-on/hop-off sightseeing tours in both cities make it easy to see all the sites on your list.
- Enjoy a cruise on the Thames and ride the London Eye.
- Ride the buses and subways for free with our included transport passes in both cities.
- Gain free entry to the top sites of Paris with our 2-day Museum Pass.
- Unwind with a pint at a pub in London, a flute of champagne in Paris, and a glass of red wine in Rome.
- Take advantage of included Hop-On/Hop-Off Sightseeing Passes in each city!
- Try the famous foodie favorites of each city! Indulge in crispy fish n' chips in London, nibble on flaky croissants and crepes in Paris, and savor the texture of fresh pasta in Rome.
- Watch postcards come to life. Visit Big Ben in London, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Colosseum in Rome, and countless other architectural masterpieces throughout these three cities.
- Witness amazing light-shows as iconic landmarks become illuminated against the night sky. Feel your eyes widen as you ride the London Eye after sunset, then see the Eiffel Tower and Trevi Fountain sparkle and glow in the dark.
- Enjoy all the perks of a guided vacation but in a small group with added freedom.
- During your free time in London, treat yourself to a ride on the London Eye, the world's largest Ferris wheel!
- Visit the beautiful 7th century Abbey in historic Glastonbury.
- Explore the romantic clifftop ruins of Tintagel Castle, birthplace of King Arthur.
- Pick up the perfect souvenir at one of England's iconic markets, from the famous Portobello Road to Camden Stables.
- Experience the iconic changing of the guard in London.
- Enjoy scenic views of Scotland's capital city atop Edinburgh's extinct volcano, Arthur's Seat.
- Enjoy a cruise along the river Thames, included with your London Pass.
- Eat Haggis in Scotland, and wash it down with a glass of authentic Scottish Whisky (Scotch!).
- Discover the secret alleyways and chambers hidden below Edinburgh's Old Town.
- Expertly led scholarly field trips to the sites of London's major historical events and eras, from the medieval city to the Victorian "Albertopolis" to Princess Diana's Kensington Palace.
- Delve into the history of legal London at Lincoln's Inn Fields and survey some of England's greatest treasures at the British Museum.
- Take an evening tour of Sherlock Holmes' London including a visit to a local pub.
- Walk the Thames Path from the home of the Royal Regatta, Henley-on-Thames to Hambleden Mill, one of the most photographed landmarks on the river.
- Enjoy a river boat excursion from Westminster to the Thames Barrier and Greenwich.
- Walk through Windsor Great Park and explore Windsor Castle and Runnymede, home to the Magna Carta Memorial and John F. Kennedy Memorial.
- Get a real feel for England when you travel between cities by car!
- Explore the extraordinary, unique libraries of each city. You don't need to be a book lover to be overwhelmed by their beauty!
- Discover everything these cities have to offer with your 24-hour hop-on/hop-off tours!
- Enjoy true luxury in three of England's finest hotels!
- These three cities are cultural gold mines! Take the time to get acquainted with the rich history of each destination.
- In London
- visits to the Tower
- Windsor Castle & British Museum; double-decker bus tour
- spy walk
- speedboat ride
- London Eye & a West End musical; in Paris
- visit to Versailles
- Notre Dame & Montmartre; scavenger hunt in Louvre
- Visit the Westminster Houses of Parliament to the Renaissance-inspired Banqueting House
- Enjoy of the National Gallery's masterpieces, including works by Leonardo, Botticelli, Turner and the Impressionists.
- Visit the Royal Family's castle, ornate St. George's Chapel and the surrounding park
- Visit the quaint town of Windsor for more sightseeing back in London
- Explore the treasure-packed British Museum
- Visits and admissions to St Paul’s Cathedral
- See the Dove Cottage, Famous Blacksmith’s Shop at Gretna Green
- Explore central Edinburgh, starting in the 200-year-old “New Town” with its planned streets
- Pass the beautiful shoreline of Loch Ness with views of this deep lake.
- Opportunity to Beatles Tour of Liverpool
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Thames River Experiences
Thames River Trip Reviews
Thames River Tours and Travel Guide
Thames River Attractions & Landmarks GuideThe River Thames flows through the heart of London, carrying with it a legacy of mentions in great literature and film. A river cruise along the Thames will give you a collection of lovely afternoons full of classic British sights. Imagine sipping tea on your private deck as you float by such iconic structures as Big Ben!
All Thames River cruises, tours, and packages. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 0.0 for all Thames River trips.