Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Impacted by Climate Change
- CITY TOUR of Beijing, Xi'an, Chengdu, Shanghai
- CRUISE the Yangtze River
- SEE local people practicing T'ai Chi in the morning, the Shanghai Acrobats.
- VISIT Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an, the Jinmao Tower in Shanghai, the Great Wall of China
- Bargain in bustling markets
- Walk the great wall and explore the forbidden city
- Stand face-to-face with terracotta warriors
- Visit a panda sanctuary
- Cruise the yangtze
- Ride a bamboo raft through yangshuo's karst landscape
- Enjoy a performance of shadow puppetry
- Learn how to make tibetan momos (beef dumplings)
- Get up close and personal with pandas at a sichuan breeding centre
- Take in thangka art at a tibetan academy in lhasa
- Cruise the mighty yangtze river on a luxury riverboat
- The quintessential image of china is the imposing great wall – walk through history on an original section
- Like everything it does, china’s ancient history is on an epic scale – get a sense of it when you come face-to-face with arrays of terracotta warriors. also enjoy a deliciously home cooked meal while listening to the stories of our host who has lived through witnessed the changes brought about by this epic excavation.
- Learn about the endangered (and adorable) giant pandas’ struggle for survival, and get up close to these unique creatures in chengdu.
- Step back in time with a boat trip through the painterly scenery of the yangzi river, which meanders through the dramatic three gorges.
- Try your hand at both traditional cooking and tai chi in yangshuo, where the karsts dots beautiful the banks of the li river.
- Discover shanghai's bright lights, fevered trade and frenetic pace, which provides a glimpse into modern china.
- Beijing - Walk through Tiananmen Square to the Forbidden City. Walk on the Great Wall at Mutianyu
- Xian -Meet the Terracotta Warriors and explore the Muslim Quarter
- Yangtse Cruise - Float along the Yangtse River on a 5 star cruise ship
- Yangshuo - Cruise on the Li River and see classic Chinese limestone scenery
- Shanghai - Take in China's most cosmopolitan city
- Explore the memorable limestone karst scenery of yangshuo, immortalised in countless traditional chinese paintings
- Spend the night in a guesthouse in the lovingly restored town of shaxi, visit the dizzying friday market and be transported back to when it was a significant stop on the tea horse trail
- Enjoy two days to hike around the dramatic scenery of tiger leaping gorge
- Wander through a tibetan village in the dreamy shangrila pasture lands. learn about tibetan culture over a steaming cup of yak butter tea.
- Like everything it does, china’s ancient history is on an epic scale – see in the faces of the thousands or terracotta warriors in xi’an, and in the endless stretch of the great wall as you walk along it
- Learn about the endangered (and adorable) giant pandas’ struggle for survival, and get up close to these unique creatures in chengdu
- Step back in time with a boat trip through the iconic scenery of the yangzi river, which meanders through the spectacular three gorges
- Get a hands-on insight into chinese dishes and ingredients with a cooking class in yangshuo
- Discover shanghai's bright lights, fevered trade and frenetic pace, which provides a glimpse into modern china
- Visit the panda breeding centre
- Enjoy a calligraphy lesson
- Float along the li river
- See thousands of buddhas at the yungang grottoes
- Explore the forbidden city and the great wall
- Beijing - Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Explore Tiananmen Square and the sprawling Forbidden City
- Xian - Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi
- Yangtse River cruise - Relax for 3 days whilst exploring the stunning Yangtse River landscapes
- Villages and Rice Terraces - Take in rural China as we hike amongst the villages of the Dong, Yao and Zhuan people
- Yangshuo - Enjoy beautiful karst landscapes as we drift down the Li River
- Shanghai - Explore one of Asia's most vibrant and dynamic cities
- Explore the countryside
- Enjoy a hot pot dinner
- Walk around the old town in lijiang
- Hike the tiger leaping gorge
- Visit the panda breeding centre
- Discover UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the Forbidden City and theGreat Wall
- Tour Beijing's atmospheric hutongs for a fascinating look into Old China
- Marvel at the life-size army of Terracotta Warriors in Xian
- Visit the giant pandas of Bisheng Gorge Panda Sanctuary
- Cruise through the spectacular gorges of the Yangtze River aboard the luxurious Yangzi Explorer
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage gardens of Suzhou
- Experience the historic, cultural and architectural marvels of the ultramodern metropolis of Shanghai
- Explore cosmopolitan Shanghai, imperial treasures like the Great Wall and Forbidden City in Beijing, and cruise the wildly beautiful Three Gorges region of the legendary Yangtze.
- Visit the Great wall of China and explore its winding pathways and marvel
- Visit Shibaozhai Temple, a 12-story pavilion built in 1650 along the Yangtze.
- See Old Shanghai and travel along the elegant Bund, stopping to admire some of its historic buildings and city views.
- Beijing touring, including Tiananmen Square, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall
- Beijing hutong tour and home visit
- Traditional Peking Duck dinner
- Xian’s Terra Cotta Warriors
- Three-night Yangtze River cruise including Three Gorges and Smaller Gorges
- Cruise aboard Premier Ship of Victoria Cruises
- Included shore excursions
- Visit to site of new Three Gorges Dam
- Shanghai sightseeing: acclaimed Shanghai Museum, the Bund, Yu Yuan Gardens
- Visit some of China's most treasured UNESCO World Heritage sites including Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Beijing's 700-year-old Hutongs and Drum Tower
- Visit to the renowned Great Wall of China
- See the extraordinary Terracotta Warriors
- Enjoy a traditional performance of music and dance from the Tang Dynasty period
- Discover some of China's priceless pieces of ancient art at the Shanghai museum
- Visit Tiananmen Square and the extravagant Ming-era Imperial Palace in the Forbidden City
- Explore Beijing and experience a highlight of your trip
- Opportunity to visit renowned Great Wall
- Visit Summer Palace declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit Chongqing Zoo to see China’s national animal the Giant Panda
- Enjoy sail through the Three Gorges ship lock.
- Explore Shanghai
- Explore Shanghai
- Enjoy Yangtze Cruise
- Discover historic Xi'an
- Visit the Terracotta Warriors
- Explore Beijing, a fascinating city rich in history and memorable UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Visit Tiananmen Square
- Visit the renowned Great Wall
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Three Gorges Experiences
Three Gorges Trip Reviews
37 Three Gorges Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
Three Gorges Tours and Travel Guide
All Three Gorges tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Three Gorges trips.