On The Go Tours vs 56th Parallel - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 5
Value — 4.8
Guide — 4.8
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.8
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.8
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
This was our first group tour ever and my family and I are greatly impressed and grateful this was our first experience as we had a complete blast! MoMo, our tour guide, made the trip, he went above and beyond to accommodate everyone one on the tour4.0 July 2019
He was also extremely knowledgeable, humorous and very patient with everyone. I can't say enough positive things, because of our outstanding experience we would definitely consider another group tour with On The Go. MoMo, you're the best.Read more
Our tour guide Hicham was exceptional every step of the way he really looked after me and was with me every step of the way from recommending safe restaurants with delicious food, to helping me bargain at the souk, to keeping away the hawkers4.0 July 2019
He was able to answer all of my questions and his knowledge of Morocco is quite extensive. He shared with us a lot of rich Moroccan and Berber culture and I found it so interesting. His friendly and proactive attitude led everyone in the group to be fond of him and even become friends.Read more
A most enjoyable tour5.0 July 2019
Can’t speak highly enough of our tour guide Hung. He was so friendly helpful knowledgeable and made our tour a very very memorable one. Everything went so smoothly The hotels were very comfortable, transport all air-conditioned which was super in the 38° heat. We were on the overnight train and enjoyed the experience something we will never forget. Thanks for your help on the bike ride Hung , you went beyond the call of duty! I am very glad you talked me into going on that cycle ride I enjoyed it immensely. We felt that we were leaving family by the end of the tour everyone got on so well. Thank you again Hung and On the Go tours for giving us such a wonderful experience.Read more
|Tours||550 Trips||0 Trip|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 226||$ 0|
|Operator Type||Mixed Land & Cruise||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Local Specialist|
|Headquarters||London, UK||NSW, Australia|
On the Go Tour is a British-based tour company that runs primarily guided tours around the world but will also help fashion independent travel itineraries.
What Makes On the Go Tours Stand Out?
They have a large number of holiday styles, including a large number of options for independent travellers looking for tailor made trips. On the Go Tours is very accommodating and popular amongst solo and single travellers, with most of their escorted group tours requiring no single supplement.
Specialty tours, such as Tintin tours to Egypt, Jordan, and India, based on the adventures of the famous Belgian cartoon-book boy-journalist-explorer, are one of the main things that sets On the Go Tours apart.
Who Will Enjoy Travelling with On the Go Tours?
Those travellers who gravitate to busy, lively, itineraries, that also allow for spontaneity, and are budget conscious will love travelling on holidays with On the Go Tours. They are also very popular among those interested in festivals around the globe. These events are often large scale and can be difficult to navigate, find accommodation, and stay safe.
On the Go Tours provides a way to take the stress out of planning to attend a festival. And not just music, but Carnival at Rio; the vibrant Holi Festival in India; the Dragon Boat Festival in China; the Nadaam Festival in Mongolia; and the Boryeong Mud Festival in South Korea, along with many others. So if you are culturally curious and enjoy the idea of large crowds attending the same meaningful event, On the Go Tours would be a great place to start for these travel plans.
Travellers with On the Go Tours are mostly age 28 and up, and you can expect a wide range of ages and backgrounds among the group. These holidays are relatively active in nature - a lot of walking and time outdoors, On the Go does offer some family itineraries suitable for children. They also actively solicit single travelers, and don’t require a single supplement. Nationality wise, they attract mainly British, New Zealand, Australian, North American, and South African.
On the Go Tours operate around the world, with a large majority of holidays offered in Asia, Africa, and Europe. Australia, and Central and South America are also popular.
On the Go Tours Travel Style
The On the Go Tours travel style is a combination of coach travel, 3 to 4 star accommodation, some camping, walking and cycling. These tours will keep you active, and in most cases you will carry your own luggage, so pack light, and if you are relatively physically fit you will enjoy the days far more.
They have 5 “Holiday ranges” to help you determine the tour type that is going to be best suited to you.
1. Signature - The On the Go Tours Signature Collection is a group of higher end offerings. Accommodations will be in 4-5 star hotels, and groups are kept smaller, with a maximum of 24 people. Destinations are primarily focused in Asia, with a few departures in Europe including Iceland, Russia, and Italy. Peru is also available.
2. Budget - Budget tours are a key component of On the Go Tours. These trips are for active backpackpackers interested in meeting similar travelers in a larger group (max 32). You will be carrying your own luggage, and using a variety of transportation including overland vehicles, public buses and trains. Accommodation is in tented camps and 2-3 star hotels. Most meals are up to you and not included in the itinerary or base price.
3. Handpicked - These trips visit classic and iconic sights, utilizing locally run tours (where you might join up with other tour takers, not exclusively your own tour companions). Partners on the ground help On the Go craft a unique vision for your itinerary. Groups are small, around 28 people max.
4. Active - Active holidays with On the Go tours are intended for those travellers interested in being outdoors and have an adventurous frame of mind. Whether you’re traveling by bike, or on foot trekking or hiking. Travellers who are physically fit and used to stretching their limits will find the most enjoyment on an Active trip with On the Go Tours. Active holidays are offered in Asia and the Middle East primarily, with outings also available in Croatia, Turkey, and Africa.
5. Independent - For those travellers who aren’t as excited about a group tour and like the idea of being on their own but with a professionally planned itinerary, On the Go Tours has you covered! These bespoke tours allow you to have input over what you see, and the pace of your journey. Expect to pay a little bit more for this experience (bespoke tours with On the Go can be considered akin to their Signature Collection), but having the expertise behind your itinerary is all worth it.
Why Choose an Escorted Tour with On the Go Tours?
On the Go is a perfect starting place for active travellers who maybe don’t know quite yet the kind of journey they’re looking for and want a lot of choice. Prices are kept in the low to mid budget range, and on most tours you can expect a lot of inclusions - this does means there is quite a bit less free time available during the itinerary to explore on your own, so if this matters a lot to you, On the Go may not be the best fit.
From tours that specialise in festivals and events (both obscure and popular, musical and cultural), to bespoke holidays designed for you personally, to extended overland journeys, On the Go Tours has tons of holiday types to choose from.
Destinations cover a wide range of popular, classic, and off the beaten path locations from less traveled areas of Eastern Europe to the Middle East and Africa. The age range is diverse, and solo travelers are very welcome and actively encouraged to join On the Go Tours. This is a great tour company for meeting new people who have like-minded approaches to travel.