Ker & Downey vs SafeHands Travels - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Overall — 5
Value — 4.9
Guide — 4.7
Activities — 4.9
Lodging — 4.4
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.6
Fabulous Adventure to Rajasthan5.0 December 2018
Safehands Travel organised a bespoke adventure to Rajasthan for me.Read more
Kush (my guide) and the driver were wonderful travelling companions, I felt very safe which is so important for a solo female traveller. The driver skilfully negotiated some difficult roads occasionally with great care and professionalism.
Wonderful hotels chosen with care and very appropriate to my preferred taste.
I experience amazing restaurants away from the hotels, in the full confidence that Kush would choose well.
Travelled to villages off the beaten track, all adding to the wonderful experience of Rajasthan. From a camel ride across the desert to see the sunset to the magnificent Mehrangarh Fort, an amazing experience I will never forget.
Kush is a great guide and made my adventure complete with his knowledge, great sense of humour and patience. His enthusiasm and love for India and the desire to share his knowledge with others is endless.
Thank you to Rohit and all at Safehands for making my adventure so easy and enjoyable. Great care and attention were taken with the details of the journey with quick response to any questions. Fantastic service from first booking to the end of my journey.
Definitely will return to India and put myself again in the exceptionally capable hands of Rohit and his team, confident in the knowledge that it will be organised personally for me with the greatest of care, professionalism and attention to detail.
Tour Safehands Travels Reviews
Well planned and enjoyable trip of Ladakh region4.0 August 2018
12 day comprehensive trip of Ladakh region
We did a 12 day comprehensive custom tour of Ladakh. We had great time. The trip was well organised and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The guide was excellent and the driver was good especially in the roads in remote areas. Safe Hands and Rohit were available when we needed them.Read more
Tour Safehands Travels Reviews
Tours of Kathmandu, Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Khimsar, Jodhpur, Udiapur, Marari and all point between.5.0 April 2018
Tailor made tours of India and Nepal
We spent three weeks touring Nepal and India. We can really recommend Safhands Travel and especially Mr. Rohit. The tour and itinerary suggested by Rohit was excellent. The service received by the Safehands representatives, welcomers, drivers and guides was first class. We will treasure our memories of this holiday. Thank you Rohit.Read more
Tour Golden Triangle
|Tours||6 Trips||1 Trip|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 1,441||$ 0|
|Operator Type||Custom/Private Tour Operator||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Local Specialist|
|Headquarters||Katy, Texas, United States||Delhi, India|
Luxury small group and private tour operator Ker & Downey has been operating high caliber tours around the world for many years.
What Makes Ker & Downey Stand Out?
Ker & Downey has been a pioneer in offering “experiential luxury travel” around the world, catering to a relatively wide range of budgets (though this is in the luxury end of the spectrum), making luxury travel more accessible. Furthermore, they offer many experiences and activities beyond resort stays.
When you work with a Ker & Downey travel designer, your vacation is truly in your own hands. From adventure travel to high end spas, they can help you plan the perfect trips for your style and budget.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Ker & Downey?
The Ker & Downey experience will be most enjoyed by travelers who are looking for a dedicated travel planner and can spend upwards of $1,000/day will be right at home with Ker & Downey. This is best suited to travelers who enjoy private excursions and private access to various attractions, and like having input over their itinerary.
They became known for offering luxury safaris, and even have a seperate company “Ker & Downey Africa” that focuses exclusively on these kinds of experiences. While Africa remains a specialty, Ker & Downey travel planners can design trips all around the world, from Antarctica to the South Pacific. They are experts in going off the beaten path, and finding you unique experiences that you might not have otherwise though possible.
Ker & Downey Travel Style
Because Ker & Downey trips are primarily custom designed, the travel style is really up to you! Trips generally have a luxury feel, and can be planned in a variety of durations and travel styles.
You can generally expect to pay $1,000+ a day on a Ker & Downey designed trip. Accommodations are always top notch, centrally located with ample amenities. Private transportation can be arranged.
The big value add with Ker & Downey is the ability to fully customize an itinerary. To help you narrow down where you want to go and how you want to travel, they offer a mulititude of sample itineraries within some broad themes:
1. Classic Journeys - Quintessential itineraries, great for first time visits. These trips are perfect for travelers interested in hitting all the iconic sites.
2. History and Culture - Similarly, these trips will focus on attractions and sites of historical and cultural importance, providing wonderful and colorful context for visitors.
3. Luxury Safaris - Ker & Downey’s bread and butter, a luxury safari sees you enjoying the rugged yet beautiful landscape with dedicated guides, safe and comfortable lodges, and a glass of champagne at the end of the day.
4. Active Adventure - Never let it be said that luxury is all relaxation. Ker & Downey travel experts can also help you have that adrenaline packed journey you’ve been dreaming about!
5. Romantic Celebrations - Honeymoons and couples getaways are the perfect match for luxury experiential travel.
6. Family Travel - Luxury travel is actually a great niche for families - providing comfortable and easy accommodations, lots of activities, and carefully designed itineraries to make everyone feel included. Because a Ker & Downey expert planner will work with you personally, you don’t need to worry about age limits.
7. Conservation - The perfect opportunity for those travelers interested in helping preserve our planet’s natural resources and habitats. Popular destinations include Borneo, Madagascar, and Rwanda.
8. Philanthropic - If giving back to local communities, volunteering, and ensuring that your tourism dollars make a positive impact is important to you on your travels, Ker & Downey can help design a trip with philanthropy as the focal point.
9. Culinary Journeys - Love food and wine? Want to make sure you visit some true hidden gems and local restaurants utilizing seasonal food, and making traditional dishes? A culinary journey will help you uncover the stories and culture behind various dishes, and maybe even learn to cook them yourself!
10. Wellness Journeys - For finding some inner peace, rest, and rejuvination, consider a wellness journey. Here you’ll enjoy calm - perhaps visiting a yoga retreat, or eco lodge. Popular destinations include Chile and Peru.
Other styles you can look at for inspiration include Multi Country, Horseback Riding, Festivals, and Golf Trips.
Why Choose a Tour with Ker & Downey?
If you enjoy having input over your itinerary and the activities during your travels, but aren’t sure where to start, the experienced travel experts with Ker & Downey will be perfect to help design your trip.
This is a luxury minded brand, so if you are on a tight budget, they might not be the best place to start. However, they can work within a wider range of budgets than other luxury travel brands.
For expert insights and top notch customer service contact Ker & Downey to get started planning your customized getaway.
SafeHands Travels is a mid size boutique company formed on the theme of building great relationship. We at Safehands are passionate to explore and share our Spirituality, Cultural heritage; Natural beauty and rich tradition through our experienced and dedicated team of highly motivated tour professionals.
We assure our travelers the utmost comfort and best of the experience. We always stand by them to make them feel at home. This bonding that we develop remains there even after the completion of tour. This is what we are known for and strive to achieve. We do not accept the booking for more than 12 people in a group as it affects the personalized services. Traveler’s satisfaction is paramount to us, which results in building great relationship and eventually helps in achieving our mission.
Geographically, our coverage is limited to India and Nepal. Having diverse culture and vast areas, there is a lot to explore. There are many lesser known or unexplored destinations that present a new face of the country and become a reason for travelers delight.
We use some handpicked, traditional and locally influenced hotels in all segments starting from luxury to budget as per requirement. Our transportations are best in its class and are integral part of our tour package. We are very selective in choosing drivers and more importantly the tour guides who truly represents us and play a very significant role in the success of a tour. Our guides are experienced, knowledgeable and licensed.
Our itinerary goes well on moderate pace, neither too fast that we just touch the destination nor even slow to lose the interest in the destinations. Most of the days are packed with sightseeing and activities
We know how to Walk our Talk. This is evident from our customer reviews. Finally with a non compromising attitude towards our core values, we offer fair deal and value for money.
We exist as a Socially responsible company and are vigilant towards environment. Our responsive approach assures Personalized services with a sense of safety and security.