Collette vs Thai Marano Travel - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 5
Value — 4.7
Guide — 4.8
Activities — 4.7
Lodging — 4.8
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.8
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Great trip to Sicily5.0 November 2018
Very knowledgeable and customer service reps were great. Our tour leader and bus driver were the best. Great trip to Sicily to see where our grandparents came from.
Tour Collette Company Reviews
I would definitely recommend Collette!5.0 November 2018
We just came back from Sicily. Our tour manager Jovanka Mrdja was wonderful. She was very knowledgeable and made the tour fun. Our driver Franco was also wonderful. He made us feel very safe while navigating the narrow, windy roads. I would definitely recommend Collette and look forward to touring with them again and would love to have Yovanka as our guideRead more
Tour Collette Company Reviews
Incredible value5.0 November 2018
Just got back from tour in Ireland with Collette. Incredible value, no stress, just relax and enjoy the view!
Tour Collette Company Reviews
|Tours||492 Trips||3 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 292||$ 120|
|Operator Type||Group Tour Operator||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Global Operator|
|Headquarters||Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States||Bangkok, Thailand|
|Tour Languages||English||English, Mandarin, Portuguese, German, Russian, French, Italian|
With a history that goes back to 1918, their experience speaks for itself. They provide comprehensive, well-managed guided tours for travelers seeking an exploratory, comfortable travel experience.
What Makes Collette Stand Out?
- Expert tour managers
- Easy booking process
- Customizable tours
- Balances iconic must-sees with immersive cultural experiences
A long history in guided tourism means they know every inch of guided travel, and take care of all the details like it’s second nature. Their goal is to ease the hardship of planning and organizing for the traveler so you can fully enjoy the experience without worry or stress. At Collette, they know guided travel and have been successfully leading tours around the world to a growing, devoted customer base for nearly 100 years.
Collette tours are about letting you, the traveler, experience unbelievable, classic, and unique moments around the world.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling With Collette?
- Adventurous travelers ages 50+
- Moderately active travelers
- Mid to higher budget travelers
Do you love the ease of mind that comes with having every detail taken care of when you travel? Details that allow you to relax and enjoy the special little moments of discovering the world; learning about new cultures, awe inspiring wildlife encounters, and leisurely meals highlighting local cuisine? Then you are ideally suited to Collette tours.
The Collette traveler is typically older, in the 50+ range. Travelers who enjoy the finer things, value a premium to luxury style of accommodation and transportation, yet have an adventurous spirit.
Recent retirees and active seniors who are game for anything are the kind of traveler who relish a tour with Collette - check out this group in Costa Rica - taking part in Costa Rica's famous ziplines!
If you don't want to be encouraged to jump in and push your comfort zone a bit, you may find yourself out of step on a majority of Collette tours. Though they have several offerings, so don't let that discourage you.
Collette is ideal for active travelers who enjoy a comprehensive guided tour, with a lot of activity, and local experiences. These tours usually involve extensive walking, sometimes over uneven surfaces, so a certain basic level of physical fitness is required. Tours are classified by 5 basic physical levels, to help you find one best suited to you.
Free days are included in most tours, giving travelers time to relax, take walks on the beach, or maybe do some shopping.
If you’re the kind of traveler for whom the a glass of champagne out in the blazing sun of the Australian outback, gazing at Uluru, sounds idyllic - then Collette tours would be perfect for you.
Collette tours travel all around the world, to all 7 continents including Antarctica. They are well known for Central and South America, Australia, and Africa. They also offer an impressive variety of North America tours including several in the United States and Canada.
Travel styles include everything from river cruises to family tours to faith based tours.
Collette Travel Style
Collette promises the “trip of a lifetime” through exclusive outings, luxury touches, and appreciating the moments of anticipation before the world reveals itself. Their travel style is about discovering new cultures, embracing the explorer within -- in time for a cocktail at the end of the day.
They have 6 broad classifications for travel style: Classic, Explorations, Spotlights, River Cruise, Faith, and Impact Travel:
1. Classic Collette Tours - This is what they call their Flagship collection, group tours that make the postcard come to life. Visit all the must see sites, enjoy cultural experiences, all with a professional and knowledgeable guide, there to help make your travel as seamless as possible. Groups are on the larger side
2. Explorations - These tours are about going deeper, meeting locals, and getting off the beaten path. “Authenticity” is a big word for Collette Explorations. You’ll experience the destination in a smaller group, an average of 18 people, allowing for access to more local experiences not available to larger groups. Classic sites will also be included in your itinerary, but the focus is mostly on unique experiences.
3. Spotlights - Have a shorter amount of time and don’t want to miss anything? Collette Spotlight tours are designed to maximize your city stay or short getaway experience. These are primarily walking tours, packed with sightseeing, historical and cultural information, but with some downtime as well. Typically these tours are between 5-9 days.
4. River Cruise - A very popular mode of travel, particularly for 50+ travelers, river cruising is ideal for those seeking a leisurely vacation, unpacking only once, enjoying gliding by beautiful sites and participating in various guided shore excursions. Collette river cruises go around the world, including China, Egypt, and Europe.
5. Faith - For those travelers interested in visiting religious sites, Collette has a group of tours dedicated to faith based travel. Visit world famous icons and learn their ancient histories. Collette Faith tours visit everything from grand churches to the humble beginnings of the three major world religions in the Holy Land. Tours are history based with an emphasis on finding deeper spiritual significance and meaning.
6. Impact Travel - Being a responsible traveler is an important component on all Collette tours, however if you’re seeking to do more to give back, their Impact Tours are a great way to do so. Sightsee with a purpose as you assist with local initiatives, volunteering among the community, helping in classrooms, and protecting local wildlife.
Why Choose a Tour with Collette?
If you are looking for an entertaining, fully escorted, active tour to explore new cultures, and enjoy unique experiences, Collette could be for you. They provide a dedicated guide, and handle all the details throughout the tour.
Free time is available on some days, but for the most part expect fairly full itineraries and a good amount of walking. Some optional excursions are offered during the tour, so you can tailor your experience to a certain extent.
This is a great opportunity for meeting fellow travelers in a similar age range. Collette tours are open to everyone, but the majority of people on your tour will be older - in the 50+ range. Collette tours are ideal for travelers who want to have fun, enjoy the outdoors, and are open to new experiences.