Ker & Downey vs Lost World Adventures - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Overall — 5
Value — 4.9
Guide — 4.9
Activities — 4.9
Lodging — 4.9
Transportation — 4.9
Meals — 4.9
Patagonia Trip5.0 April 2019
Overall we had a terrific experience. With the exception of El Calafate, the accommodations were all exceptional. The 5 day cruise from Porto Arenas to Ushuaia, although expensive, was worth it. Exceptional weather for end of March also helped. Highlights were Bariloche, Puerto Natalas and Torres del Paine (Chile postcard peaks), and Glacier Alley on the cruise. Ushuaia showed what 50 mph winds look like but the perpetual rainbow made it a great final stop. Working with Lost World was a pleasure. They were very responsive and followed up on everything including the days of arrival and departure in every city.Read more
Tour Lost World Adventures Company Reviews
Super fun!5.0 February 2019
Super fun! First time here with our 1 year old son and he enjoyed it and it even made us feel like kids again since we were able to join him in the play area! Food was ok for the price. Surprised that the pizza tasted better than some cheap pizza shops. But overall we would definitely make the trip back to this place.Read more
Tour Lost World Adventures Company Reviews
Amazing place for both kids and adults alike5.0 February 2019
Amazing place for both kids and adults alike. So many things to do. Can keep the kids boys for hours. They did an amazing job with the detail work.
Tour Lost World Adventures Company Reviews
|Tours||6 Trips||55 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 1,441||$ 444|
|Operator Type||Custom/Private Tour Operator||Custom/Private Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Global Operator|
|Headquarters||Katy, Texas, United States||Decatur, Georgia|
Luxury small group and private tour operator Ker & Downey has been operating high caliber tours around the world for many years.
What Makes Ker & Downey Stand Out?
Ker & Downey has been a pioneer in offering “experiential luxury travel” around the world, catering to a relatively wide range of budgets (though this is in the luxury end of the spectrum), making luxury travel more accessible. Furthermore, they offer many experiences and activities beyond resort stays.
When you work with a Ker & Downey travel designer, your vacation is truly in your own hands. From adventure travel to high end spas, they can help you plan the perfect trips for your style and budget.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Ker & Downey?
The Ker & Downey experience will be most enjoyed by travelers who are looking for a dedicated travel planner and can spend upwards of $1,000/day will be right at home with Ker & Downey. This is best suited to travelers who enjoy private excursions and private access to various attractions, and like having input over their itinerary.
They became known for offering luxury safaris, and even have a seperate company “Ker & Downey Africa” that focuses exclusively on these kinds of experiences. While Africa remains a specialty, Ker & Downey travel planners can design trips all around the world, from Antarctica to the South Pacific. They are experts in going off the beaten path, and finding you unique experiences that you might not have otherwise though possible.
Ker & Downey Travel Style
Because Ker & Downey trips are primarily custom designed, the travel style is really up to you! Trips generally have a luxury feel, and can be planned in a variety of durations and travel styles.
You can generally expect to pay $1,000+ a day on a Ker & Downey designed trip. Accommodations are always top notch, centrally located with ample amenities. Private transportation can be arranged.
The big value add with Ker & Downey is the ability to fully customize an itinerary. To help you narrow down where you want to go and how you want to travel, they offer a mulititude of sample itineraries within some broad themes:
1. Classic Journeys - Quintessential itineraries, great for first time visits. These trips are perfect for travelers interested in hitting all the iconic sites.
2. History and Culture - Similarly, these trips will focus on attractions and sites of historical and cultural importance, providing wonderful and colorful context for visitors.
3. Luxury Safaris - Ker & Downey’s bread and butter, a luxury safari sees you enjoying the rugged yet beautiful landscape with dedicated guides, safe and comfortable lodges, and a glass of champagne at the end of the day.
4. Active Adventure - Never let it be said that luxury is all relaxation. Ker & Downey travel experts can also help you have that adrenaline packed journey you’ve been dreaming about!
5. Romantic Celebrations - Honeymoons and couples getaways are the perfect match for luxury experiential travel.
6. Family Travel - Luxury travel is actually a great niche for families - providing comfortable and easy accommodations, lots of activities, and carefully designed itineraries to make everyone feel included. Because a Ker & Downey expert planner will work with you personally, you don’t need to worry about age limits.
7. Conservation - The perfect opportunity for those travelers interested in helping preserve our planet’s natural resources and habitats. Popular destinations include Borneo, Madagascar, and Rwanda.
8. Philanthropic - If giving back to local communities, volunteering, and ensuring that your tourism dollars make a positive impact is important to you on your travels, Ker & Downey can help design a trip with philanthropy as the focal point.
9. Culinary Journeys - Love food and wine? Want to make sure you visit some true hidden gems and local restaurants utilizing seasonal food, and making traditional dishes? A culinary journey will help you uncover the stories and culture behind various dishes, and maybe even learn to cook them yourself!
10. Wellness Journeys - For finding some inner peace, rest, and rejuvination, consider a wellness journey. Here you’ll enjoy calm - perhaps visiting a yoga retreat, or eco lodge. Popular destinations include Chile and Peru.
Other styles you can look at for inspiration include Multi Country, Horseback Riding, Festivals, and Golf Trips.
Why Choose a Tour with Ker & Downey?
If you enjoy having input over your itinerary and the activities during your travels, but aren’t sure where to start, the experienced travel experts with Ker & Downey will be perfect to help design your trip.
This is a luxury minded brand, so if you are on a tight budget, they might not be the best place to start. However, they can work within a wider range of budgets than other luxury travel brands.
For expert insights and top notch customer service contact Ker & Downey to get started planning your customized getaway.
Founded in 1987, Lost World Adventures offers private and customized trips to South and Central America and Antarctica.
What Makes Lost World Adventures Stand Out?
Lost World Adventures provides luxury trips in South America, for a discerning clientele.
Your guide will get to know you before beginning to plan your customized experience. If you want to have a relaxing beach vacation, they can arrange that. Or if you’d rather hike up the adrenaline, they are able to offer that as well.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling With Lost World Adventures?
Specializing in South America, Lost World Adventures provides a luxury travel experience in adventures destinations. This can seem like a dichotomy, but is the perfect fit for adventurous travelers who are still looking for a comfortable bed and a cocktail at the end of the day.
Tours are catered, customized, and private - they can accommodate anyone from honeymooners to large family or friend groups. Lost World Adventures is best suited to those travels seeking a highly customized experience. If you have some pre-set ideas about what you want to see and do, you’ll enjoy working with Lost World Adventures - and you’ll know you’re making the most of the specialized service they offer.
Trips are generally in middle to high price range - if you are looking for a budget trip, you probably won’t find it here. Tours with Lost World Adventures are best enjoyed by those who don’t mind paying for the finer things in life.
Lost World Adventures are focused in South and Central America, with a variety of trips from beach vacations to Costa Rica, food tours in Argentina, or Machu Picchu adventures. They are also among the few small companies providing cruises to Antarctica.
Lost World Adventures Travel Style
Luxury and customized is the name of the game! The travel style and activity level on your trip is largely determined by you, as you discuss with your Lost World travel planner about the kind of trip you’re looking for.
Why Choose a Tour with Lost World Adventures?
If you want to feel well taken care of from start to finish, and know that you’ll be staying in luxury accommodations, with the best restaurant recommendations and a private guided view of South America.
The variety of trip types and themes available make Lost World the perfect choice if you know you want a luxury and high caliber trip but aren’t quite sure yet what you want to see or do. Browse their trips and read itineraries to get a better idea of what you’re looking for.
From food and wine tours and adventure tours to beach getaways and cruises - all of which are customizable to your likes and dislikes. If you’d prefer not to overly customize, they have pre-set itineraries as well.