Ker & Downey vs Machu Travel Peru - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Overall — 5
Value — 5.0
Guide — 5.0
Activities — 5.0
Lodging — 5.0
Transportation — 5.0
Meals — 5.0
Andean Crossing trip was incredible5.0 October 2016
I´ve learned so much about Peruvian culture and history. One of the best experiences was meeting all the people, like the Ecoamazonia lodge guide Elmer, Sol in Cusco!.
Tour Machu Travel Peru Company Reviews
It was great!5.0 July 2016
It was great! I would recommend it to anyone!!
Unforgettable Experience5.0 July 2016
The trip was one of the best trips we've done. Machu travel did a great job from logistics on airport, bus transfers, hotels are in the center of town, excursions were very organized, staff were there for us to take care of our needs, tour guides were very knowledgeable. Thank you!Read more
Tour Machu Travel Peru Company Reviews
|Tours||6 Trips||8 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 1,441||$ 422|
|Operator Type||Custom/Private Tour Operator||Custom/Private Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Local Specialist|
|Headquarters||Katy, Texas, United States||Urb. Kennedy A, Las Esmeraldas Street E 23, Wanchaq, Cusco, Peru|
Luxury small group and private tour operator Ker & Downey has been operating high caliber tours around the world for many years.
What Makes Ker & Downey Stand Out?
Ker & Downey has been a pioneer in offering “experiential luxury travel” around the world, catering to a relatively wide range of budgets (though this is in the luxury end of the spectrum), making luxury travel more accessible. Furthermore, they offer many experiences and activities beyond resort stays.
When you work with a Ker & Downey travel designer, your vacation is truly in your own hands. From adventure travel to high end spas, they can help you plan the perfect trips for your style and budget.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Ker & Downey?
The Ker & Downey experience will be most enjoyed by travelers who are looking for a dedicated travel planner and can spend upwards of $1,000/day will be right at home with Ker & Downey. This is best suited to travelers who enjoy private excursions and private access to various attractions, and like having input over their itinerary.
They became known for offering luxury safaris, and even have a seperate company “Ker & Downey Africa” that focuses exclusively on these kinds of experiences. While Africa remains a specialty, Ker & Downey travel planners can design trips all around the world, from Antarctica to the South Pacific. They are experts in going off the beaten path, and finding you unique experiences that you might not have otherwise though possible.
Ker & Downey Travel Style
Because Ker & Downey trips are primarily custom designed, the travel style is really up to you! Trips generally have a luxury feel, and can be planned in a variety of durations and travel styles.
You can generally expect to pay $1,000+ a day on a Ker & Downey designed trip. Accommodations are always top notch, centrally located with ample amenities. Private transportation can be arranged.
The big value add with Ker & Downey is the ability to fully customize an itinerary. To help you narrow down where you want to go and how you want to travel, they offer a mulititude of sample itineraries within some broad themes:
1. Classic Journeys - Quintessential itineraries, great for first time visits. These trips are perfect for travelers interested in hitting all the iconic sites.
2. History and Culture - Similarly, these trips will focus on attractions and sites of historical and cultural importance, providing wonderful and colorful context for visitors.
3. Luxury Safaris - Ker & Downey’s bread and butter, a luxury safari sees you enjoying the rugged yet beautiful landscape with dedicated guides, safe and comfortable lodges, and a glass of champagne at the end of the day.
4. Active Adventure - Never let it be said that luxury is all relaxation. Ker & Downey travel experts can also help you have that adrenaline packed journey you’ve been dreaming about!
5. Romantic Celebrations - Honeymoons and couples getaways are the perfect match for luxury experiential travel.
6. Family Travel - Luxury travel is actually a great niche for families - providing comfortable and easy accommodations, lots of activities, and carefully designed itineraries to make everyone feel included. Because a Ker & Downey expert planner will work with you personally, you don’t need to worry about age limits.
7. Conservation - The perfect opportunity for those travelers interested in helping preserve our planet’s natural resources and habitats. Popular destinations include Borneo, Madagascar, and Rwanda.
8. Philanthropic - If giving back to local communities, volunteering, and ensuring that your tourism dollars make a positive impact is important to you on your travels, Ker & Downey can help design a trip with philanthropy as the focal point.
9. Culinary Journeys - Love food and wine? Want to make sure you visit some true hidden gems and local restaurants utilizing seasonal food, and making traditional dishes? A culinary journey will help you uncover the stories and culture behind various dishes, and maybe even learn to cook them yourself!
10. Wellness Journeys - For finding some inner peace, rest, and rejuvination, consider a wellness journey. Here you’ll enjoy calm - perhaps visiting a yoga retreat, or eco lodge. Popular destinations include Chile and Peru.
Other styles you can look at for inspiration include Multi Country, Horseback Riding, Festivals, and Golf Trips.
Why Choose a Tour with Ker & Downey?
If you enjoy having input over your itinerary and the activities during your travels, but aren’t sure where to start, the experienced travel experts with Ker & Downey will be perfect to help design your trip.
This is a luxury minded brand, so if you are on a tight budget, they might not be the best place to start. However, they can work within a wider range of budgets than other luxury travel brands.
For expert insights and top notch customer service contact Ker & Downey to get started planning your customized getaway.
Founded in 2011, the relatively new Machu Travel Peru is dedicated to providing sustainable travels through Peru.
What Makes Them Stand Out?
They create customized itineraries suitable to numerous travel styles. Their guides are passionate and knowledgeable about Peruvian culture and this enthusiasm becomes a part of your tour. You will make your way to Machu Picchu learning of Peruvian history and customs.
Who Travels With Them?
Travelers interested in learning about Peru from a historical and local perspective. Many of their trips go to Machu Picchu - for which it is advisable to be in generally good shape.
Where Do They Operate?
They focus in Peru, with emphasis in Cusco and Machu Picchu.
Why Travel With Them?
Peru is quickly becoming a champion of responsible travel, and Machu Travel Peru is no exception. They work with local rural communities, and are involved in numerous social projects.