Ker & Downey vs SafeHands Travels - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Overall — 5
Value — 4.9
Guide — 4.5
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.4
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 4.4
5.0 April 2018
Tailor made tours of India and Nepal
We spent three weeks touring Nepal and India. We can really recommend Safhands Travel and especially Mr. Rohit. The tour and itinerary suggested by Rohit was excellent. The service received by the Safehands representatives, welcomers, drivers and guides was first class. We will treasure our memories of this holiday. Thank you Rohit.Read more
5.0 January 2018
Me my wife and our daughter had no problems all over the tour as Mr Rohit has planned exaclty the way we wanted it to be. Besides then a small room problem in Shimla ca use the room was small and there don't have running hot water as other hotels cause we had a child and we were first time feeling the chills of winter but it's was settled by Rohit as he promised us. Regarding the firts driver I think he is not fit to be a tour driver, beginning was okay but towards then end he was slacking but that to was settled by Rohit, by giving us a new driver.but overall we was happy and enjoyed the cold weather which we wanted to experience once in a life time as we are from Malaysia. We will come back to India and will get Rohit from Safe Hands to do the arrangements again. Will recommend to all who wish to travel to India SAFE HANDS TRAVELS. Thank you Rohit SAFE HANDS TRAVELS. All the best you.Read more
Tour Safehands Travels Reviews
5.0 December 2017
Excellent travel company. There were only 4 ladies traveling however, throughout the trip, we felt very safe and in good hands. Excellent accommodation, vehicles, sightseeing, guides and their followup care. The driver was very patient with our none ending shopping request. Would recommend to allRead more
Tour Safehands Travels Reviews
|Tours||6 Trips||4 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 1,441||$ 70|
|Operator Type||Custom/Private Tour Operator||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Local Specialist|
|Headquarters||Katy, Texas, United States||Delhi, India|
Luxury small group and private tour operator Ker & Downey has been operating high caliber tours around the world for many years.
What Makes Ker & Downey Stand Out?
Ker & Downey has been a pioneer in offering “experiential luxury travel” around the world, catering to a relatively wide range of budgets (though this is in the luxury end of the spectrum), making luxury travel more accessible. Furthermore, they offer many experiences and activities beyond resort stays.
When you work with a Ker & Downey travel designer, your vacation is truly in your own hands. From adventure travel to high end spas, they can help you plan the perfect trips for your style and budget.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Ker & Downey?
The Ker & Downey experience will be most enjoyed by travelers who are looking for a dedicated travel planner and can spend upwards of $1,000/day will be right at home with Ker & Downey. This is best suited to travelers who enjoy private excursions and private access to various attractions, and like having input over their itinerary.
They became known for offering luxury safaris, and even have a seperate company “Ker & Downey Africa” that focuses exclusively on these kinds of experiences. While Africa remains a specialty, Ker & Downey travel planners can design trips all around the world, from Antarctica to the South Pacific. They are experts in going off the beaten path, and finding you unique experiences that you might not have otherwise though possible.
Ker & Downey Travel Style
Because Ker & Downey trips are primarily custom designed, the travel style is really up to you! Trips generally have a luxury feel, and can be planned in a variety of durations and travel styles.
You can generally expect to pay $1,000+ a day on a Ker & Downey designed trip. Accommodations are always top notch, centrally located with ample amenities. Private transportation can be arranged.
The big value add with Ker & Downey is the ability to fully customize an itinerary. To help you narrow down where you want to go and how you want to travel, they offer a mulititude of sample itineraries within some broad themes:
1. Classic Journeys - Quintessential itineraries, great for first time visits. These trips are perfect for travelers interested in hitting all the iconic sites.
2. History and Culture - Similarly, these trips will focus on attractions and sites of historical and cultural importance, providing wonderful and colorful context for visitors.
3. Luxury Safaris - Ker & Downey’s bread and butter, a luxury safari sees you enjoying the rugged yet beautiful landscape with dedicated guides, safe and comfortable lodges, and a glass of champagne at the end of the day.
4. Active Adventure - Never let it be said that luxury is all relaxation. Ker & Downey travel experts can also help you have that adrenaline packed journey you’ve been dreaming about!
5. Romantic Celebrations - Honeymoons and couples getaways are the perfect match for luxury experiential travel.
6. Family Travel - Luxury travel is actually a great niche for families - providing comfortable and easy accommodations, lots of activities, and carefully designed itineraries to make everyone feel included. Because a Ker & Downey expert planner will work with you personally, you don’t need to worry about age limits.
7. Conservation - The perfect opportunity for those travelers interested in helping preserve our planet’s natural resources and habitats. Popular destinations include Borneo, Madagascar, and Rwanda.
8. Philanthropic - If giving back to local communities, volunteering, and ensuring that your tourism dollars make a positive impact is important to you on your travels, Ker & Downey can help design a trip with philanthropy as the focal point.
9. Culinary Journeys - Love food and wine? Want to make sure you visit some true hidden gems and local restaurants utilizing seasonal food, and making traditional dishes? A culinary journey will help you uncover the stories and culture behind various dishes, and maybe even learn to cook them yourself!
10. Wellness Journeys - For finding some inner peace, rest, and rejuvination, consider a wellness journey. Here you’ll enjoy calm - perhaps visiting a yoga retreat, or eco lodge. Popular destinations include Chile and Peru.
Other styles you can look at for inspiration include Multi Country, Horseback Riding, Festivals, and Golf Trips.
Why Choose a Tour with Ker & Downey?
If you enjoy having input over your itinerary and the activities during your travels, but aren’t sure where to start, the experienced travel experts with Ker & Downey will be perfect to help design your trip.
This is a luxury minded brand, so if you are on a tight budget, they might not be the best place to start. However, they can work within a wider range of budgets than other luxury travel brands.
For expert insights and top notch customer service contact Ker & Downey to get started planning your customized getaway.
SafeHands Travels is a mid size boutique company formed on the theme of building great relationship. We at Safehands are passionate to explore and share our Spirituality, Cultural heritage; Natural beauty and rich tradition through our experienced and dedicated team of highly motivated tour professionals.
We assure our travelers the utmost comfort and best of the experience. We always stand by them to make them feel at home. This bonding that we develop remains there even after the completion of tour. This is what we are known for and strive to achieve. We do not accept the booking for more than 12 people in a group as it affects the personalized services. Traveler’s satisfaction is paramount to us, which results in building great relationship and eventually helps in achieving our mission.
Geographically, our coverage is limited to India and Nepal. Having diverse culture and vast areas, there is a lot to explore. There are many lesser known or unexplored destinations that present a new face of the country and become a reason for travelers delight.
We use some handpicked, traditional and locally influenced hotels in all segments starting from luxury to budget as per requirement. Our transportations are best in its class and are integral part of our tour package. We are very selective in choosing drivers and more importantly the tour guides who truly represents us and play a very significant role in the success of a tour. Our guides are experienced, knowledgeable and licensed.
Our itinerary goes well on moderate pace, neither too fast that we just touch the destination nor even slow to lose the interest in the destinations. Most of the days are packed with sightseeing and activities
We know how to Walk our Talk. This is evident from our customer reviews. Finally with a non compromising attitude towards our core values, we offer fair deal and value for money.
We exist as a Socially responsible company and are vigilant towards environment. Our responsive approach assures Personalized services with a sense of safety and security.