Ker & Downey vs Sunrise Adventure - Tour Companies Compared
Compare details and see what other travelers are saying.
Overall — 0
Value — 0.0
Guide — 0.0
Activities — 0.0
Lodging — 0.0
Transportation — 0.0
Meals — 0.0
Overall — 5
Value — 4.8
Guide — 5.0
Activities — 4.8
Lodging — 4.8
Transportation — 4.8
Meals — 5.0
5.0 May 2018
Lantang valley trek was amazing. Everything was well managed and easy going. Sunrise adventure trek was a wonderful company they make everything was sure and safe. So I would like to come next time with this company for Everest base camp trek. I highly recommend everyone to use this company.Read more
5.0 April 2017
We had a wonderful experience with Sunrise Adventure Trek on our Annapurna Circuit trek last month. Our guide Ramesh was very good and very knowledgeable about the region, culture, flora fauna . Great value for money, with comfortable accommodation and outstanding food. I'd definitely use this company again.Read more
Tour Sunrise Adventure Company Reviews
5.0 April 2017
My friend and I recently traveled to Nepal from the United States and had an amazing experience trekking to Annapurna Base Camp with sunrise adventure travel! We met Suresh in Kathmandu and he was incredibly helpful in setting up our trek and accommodation/activities in Pokhara post trek. Our guide, Palman (aka Paul) was amazing as well!! He was knowledgeable, patient, trustworthy, and kept us laughing with his hilarious sense of humor (which matched our own spot on!). Everything worked out exactly as Suresh promised that it would and he checked in before and after the trek to make sure that we were pleased with how things were going. We definitely felt that we were in good hands with both gentleman and would highly recommend Sunrise Adventure Travel. The prices were very fair and our experience was unbeatable. Thanks again, SAT!Read more
|Tours||6 Trips||10 Trips|
|Average Trip Price Per Day||$ 1,441||$ 92|
|Operator Type||Custom/Private Tour Operator||Group Tour Operator|
|Size||Global Operator||Local Specialist|
|Headquarters||Katy, Texas, United States||Kathmandu, Nepal|
Luxury small group and private tour operator Ker & Downey has been operating high caliber tours around the world for many years.
What Makes Ker & Downey Stand Out?
Ker & Downey has been a pioneer in offering “experiential luxury travel” around the world, catering to a relatively wide range of budgets (though this is in the luxury end of the spectrum), making luxury travel more accessible. Furthermore, they offer many experiences and activities beyond resort stays.
When you work with a Ker & Downey travel designer, your vacation is truly in your own hands. From adventure travel to high end spas, they can help you plan the perfect trips for your style and budget.
Who Will Enjoy Traveling with Ker & Downey?
The Ker & Downey experience will be most enjoyed by travelers who are looking for a dedicated travel planner and can spend upwards of $1,000/day will be right at home with Ker & Downey. This is best suited to travelers who enjoy private excursions and private access to various attractions, and like having input over their itinerary.
They became known for offering luxury safaris, and even have a seperate company “Ker & Downey Africa” that focuses exclusively on these kinds of experiences. While Africa remains a specialty, Ker & Downey travel planners can design trips all around the world, from Antarctica to the South Pacific. They are experts in going off the beaten path, and finding you unique experiences that you might not have otherwise though possible.
Ker & Downey Travel Style
Because Ker & Downey trips are primarily custom designed, the travel style is really up to you! Trips generally have a luxury feel, and can be planned in a variety of durations and travel styles.
You can generally expect to pay $1,000+ a day on a Ker & Downey designed trip. Accommodations are always top notch, centrally located with ample amenities. Private transportation can be arranged.
The big value add with Ker & Downey is the ability to fully customize an itinerary. To help you narrow down where you want to go and how you want to travel, they offer a mulititude of sample itineraries within some broad themes:
1. Classic Journeys - Quintessential itineraries, great for first time visits. These trips are perfect for travelers interested in hitting all the iconic sites.
2. History and Culture - Similarly, these trips will focus on attractions and sites of historical and cultural importance, providing wonderful and colorful context for visitors.
3. Luxury Safaris - Ker & Downey’s bread and butter, a luxury safari sees you enjoying the rugged yet beautiful landscape with dedicated guides, safe and comfortable lodges, and a glass of champagne at the end of the day.
4. Active Adventure - Never let it be said that luxury is all relaxation. Ker & Downey travel experts can also help you have that adrenaline packed journey you’ve been dreaming about!
5. Romantic Celebrations - Honeymoons and couples getaways are the perfect match for luxury experiential travel.
6. Family Travel - Luxury travel is actually a great niche for families - providing comfortable and easy accommodations, lots of activities, and carefully designed itineraries to make everyone feel included. Because a Ker & Downey expert planner will work with you personally, you don’t need to worry about age limits.
7. Conservation - The perfect opportunity for those travelers interested in helping preserve our planet’s natural resources and habitats. Popular destinations include Borneo, Madagascar, and Rwanda.
8. Philanthropic - If giving back to local communities, volunteering, and ensuring that your tourism dollars make a positive impact is important to you on your travels, Ker & Downey can help design a trip with philanthropy as the focal point.
9. Culinary Journeys - Love food and wine? Want to make sure you visit some true hidden gems and local restaurants utilizing seasonal food, and making traditional dishes? A culinary journey will help you uncover the stories and culture behind various dishes, and maybe even learn to cook them yourself!
10. Wellness Journeys - For finding some inner peace, rest, and rejuvination, consider a wellness journey. Here you’ll enjoy calm - perhaps visiting a yoga retreat, or eco lodge. Popular destinations include Chile and Peru.
Other styles you can look at for inspiration include Multi Country, Horseback Riding, Festivals, and Golf Trips.
Why Choose a Tour with Ker & Downey?
If you enjoy having input over your itinerary and the activities during your travels, but aren’t sure where to start, the experienced travel experts with Ker & Downey will be perfect to help design your trip.
This is a luxury minded brand, so if you are on a tight budget, they might not be the best place to start. However, they can work within a wider range of budgets than other luxury travel brands.
For expert insights and top notch customer service contact Ker & Downey to get started planning your customized getaway.
Sunrise Adventures specializes in trekking tours in Nepal, but also offer trekking and sightseeing in India, Tibet, and Bhutan.
What Makes Them Stand Out?
Nepal is a classic trekking destination and Sunrise Adventures local guides have years of professional experience guiding and walking challenging multi-day treks. They offer assistance not only on the trail, but pre and post travel as well, including visa support and hotel booking. 24 hour customer service is available during your travel - including safety support such as helicopter rescue.
Who Travels With Them?
Trekking is not for the faint of heart! Both literally and figuratively. Most of their trips are quite challenging, and you will be hiking in altitude. Most of their tours, if not fully focused on trekking, have an adventure component whether it be bungee jumping or whitewater rafting. These kinds of tours are most suited to young travelers seeking excitement with a dose of culturally enriching activities as well. Groups and individual travelers are welcome.
Where Do They Operate?
Primarily they are known for their Nepal treks, which range from the famous Everest variations to lesser known areas. However they also offer a variety of adventure trips in India, Tibet, and Bhutan.
Why Travel With Them?
Trips are all conducted by local guides, and they have many years of expertise leading the challenging multi-day treks. They are also an eco conscious tour company for those looking to minimize their carbon footprint while traveling. You can also feel good about helping the local communities as a portion of the profits when you book your trip go toward social services such as helping orphanages and local charities.