Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Explore historic Zagreb
- Visit Lake Bled
- Enjoy a short scenic boat ride in lakes of Plitvice Lake National Park
- Explore Roman Ruins (Split)
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of Old Dubrovnik
- Visit Montenegro
- Enjoy a sight of beautiful Bay of Kotor, the longest and deepest fjord in Southern Europe.
- A relaxed paced tour of Italy
- Explore the cities as well as the country and lakes
- Explore Italy’s cities as well as the country
- Days spent in Rome, where your upgraded accommodations are in the heart of the attractions, shopping & dining.
- Days spent in Florence to explore all of its cultures.
- Visit Pisa’s many interesting sites, including architectural, culinary and retail discoveries.
- Limited tour group size
- Upscale accommodations
- Accessible transport during tour
- Explore Buenos Aires
- Visit gaucho ranch and Ushuaia
- Visit Fagnano Escondido Lakes
- Visit Perito Moreno Iceberg and Visit Iguazu Falls
- Visit San Martin de los Andes and Tour Victoria Island and Arrayanes Forest
- Visit the Asaichi
- Drive through the awakening streets of Nanao to the island of Noto
- Ride back in time through sleepy fishing villages and past lush forests
- Explore the beautiful gardens of Kanazawa
- Experience fabulous Bike ride through the winding mountains before exploring an amazing Buddhist temple.
- Stay in one of Africa’s exciting seaside paradise - Makaranga Garden Lodge. This lodge is the premier lodge in South Africa catering for people with physical disabilities
- Visit the ancient World Heritage Site at False Bay, the largest estuarine system formed in Africa
- Explore Makaranga stunning gardens
- Visit Umfolozi Hluhluwe Game Reserve
- Journey through the Dickensian London of gas lamps and alleys, Hardy’s picturesque Wessex and the atmospheric Dartmoor of Sherlock Holmes.
- Search for clues on an Agatha Christie-inspired field trip and stay at her favorite hotel.
- Enjoy a field trip to quaint Lacock, where the BBC’s “Pride and Prejudice” and parts of the Harry Potter movies were filmed.
- Explore Darjeeling Hill Stations
- Ceremonies, Dances and Parades of Paro Festival
- In Bumthang, Tamshing Lhakhang
- Travel to Taktsang and Punakha Dzong
- Visit the Kingdom of Sikkim and the Rumtek Monastery
- See Mount Kanchenjunga, the world's 3rd highest mountain
- Explore Vancouver and its natural beauty
- Discover Ketchikan
- Explore the historical sites of Sitka
- Visit to the beautiful Seward
- Experts discuss the blend of cultures that define and complement Spain and Morocco.
- Discover the 12th-century Moroccan city of Fes on an expert-led field trip.
- Enjoy performances of traditional music presented with the English translation of the lyrics
- Enjoy the fascinating river cruises across Danube.
- Opportunity to visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Explore Hungary
- Experience a tour to Bratislava and See attractions like the medieval Town Hall
- Visit to Český Krumlov, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover Passau
- Hassan II Mosque (Casablanca)
- Koutobia Minaret (Marrakesh)
- Jemaa El Fna (Marrakesh)
- Essaouira Medina
- Ait Ben Haddou
- Todra Palmeraie Gorge (Erfoud)
- Erg Chebbi Desert
- Camel Ride in the Dunes
- Royal Palace (Rabat)
- Cape Town Orientation Tour
- Table Mountain (Cape Town)
- Cape Peninsula (Cape Town)
- Winelands (near Cape Town)
- Robben Island
- Kruger National Park
- Board on rail to see Machu Picchu
- Visit the world renowned and colorful Indian market in Pisac
- Enjoy a guided walking tour around Cuzco
- Visit lake Titicaca
- Embark on an unforgettable boat journey to explore the magnificent scenery and fascinating life on and around the lake.
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros Indians
- Enjoy a guided afternoon tour of both colonial and modern Lima
- Visit Gold Museum and Fernando Botero Museum (Bogota)
- See the famous underground salt cathedral (near Bogota)
- Visit the coffee Hacienda San Alberto and immerse yourself in the world of coffee
- Enjoy a spectacular drive to Cocora Valley
- Visit sculpture park of Botero (Medellin)
- Visit the La Popa Convent and San Felipe Castle (Cartagena)
- Explore Cartagena’s Walled Old Town
- Picturesque Queenstown
- Milford Sound
- Farm Stay (Fairlie, NZ)
- Great Barrier Reef (Cairns)
- Sydney Opera House
- Harbor Bridge (Sydney)
- Australian Wildlife Park (Sydney)
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top For People in Their 70s Experiences
For People in Their 70s Trip Reviews
676 For People in Their 70s Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
For People in Their 70s Tours and Travel Guide
All 70-Plus Travel tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.9 for all For People in Their 70s trips.