Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Board on rail to see Machu Picchu
- Visit the world renowned and colorful Indian market in Pisac
- Enjoy a guided walking tour around Cuzco
- Visit lake Titicaca
- Embark on an unforgettable boat journey to explore the magnificent scenery and fascinating life on and around the lake.
- Visit the floating islands of the Uros Indians
- Enjoy a guided afternoon tour of both colonial and modern Lima
- Explore Sacred Valley has amazing landscapes of fertile land
- Machu Picchu
- Visit the bustling and colorful Indian market where many beautiful crafts are traded.
- Galapagos Island Hopping
- Explore Lima, known as the City of Kings
- Visit Cuzco is a vibrant town, dotted with archaeological sites
- See the Church of San Francisco at Lima
- Plaza de Armas (Lima)
- Drive to The equator and surrounded by ice-capped volcanoes
- Visit Church of San Francisco (Quito)
- Stay at Finch Bay Hotel (Galapagos), one of National Geographic’s “Unique Lodges of the World”
- Visit the village of Huayllabamba
- Experience 2-hours hike leads to Intipunku (Gate of the Sun) which overlooks the awesome Machu Picchu
- Enjoy the climb magnificent views of the mountain ranges.
- Visit the Runkuraqay and Sayacmarca ruins
- Explore Lima
- Visit the ruins on your own or explore Aguas Calientes
- Explore the walls, stairways, temples and terraces of Machu Picchu.
- Visit the colorful Pisac market where you'll be able to trade with locals for a variety of handicrafts
- Explore the heart of Amazon River on board of the Amatista River boat.
- Visit the Pacaya-Samiria Reserve, Peru's largest national park
- Explore Iquitos
- Explore Peru
- Visit Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley of the Urubamba
- See the archaeological, astronomical and religious wonders of the Sacred Valley,
- Experience a Peruvian Paso horse demonstration during an elegant dinner
- Kayak to Amantani and Taquile islands on Lake Titicaca
- Visit the picturesque town of Pisac, an Andean village esteemed for its traditional market
- Explore Andes Mountains to Cusco, the heart of the Inca Empire.
- Visit Machu Picchu
- Experience hike towards Ollantaytambo
- Discover Cusco
- A completely new program, this is a true Andes high altitude experience in one of the most spectacular and remote regions of Peru
- The locals are the closest living descendants of the Incas, often still wearing traditional dress
- On-trail accommodations are new luxury lodges, and as a bonus this itinerary includes both the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Explore the highlights of Rio de Janeiro and take in the awesome splendor of Iguazu Falls from both the Argentine and Brazilian vantage points
- Walk among the remains of the ancient Inca civilization in the Sacred Valley and at Machu Picchu, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Discover Argentine culture in Buenos Aires, the “Paris of the South,” with a tango lesson and the colorful neighborhood of Recoleta
- Private boat ride to swim with sea lions
- catacombs tour in Lima
- pottery painting
- Paso horse show
- visit to alpaca and llama farm
- private presentation on spectacled bears
- bracelet making with schoolchildren
- rafting or horseback riding or spa massage
- insider visits to Machu Picchu & Sacsayhuamán
- chocolate-making in Cusco
- farewell dinner with Peruvian pan flute lesson
- Feast your eyes on a spectacular Tango show in Buenos Aires!
- Stand in awe of natural wonders like Machu Picchu, Iguazu Falls, the Sacred Valley, and more.
- Enjoy scenic tours of the amazing cities of Lima, Cusco, and Buenos Aires!
- Try authentic Ceviche in Peru and Empanadas and Asado in Argentina.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the amazing tours and sights. Leave all of the planning, driving, and organizing to us!
- Sip, taste, and shop at Cusco's bustling San Pedro Market, then see the famous Golden Temple.
- Feel your jaw drop as you approach Machu Picchu, one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- Test your cooking skills at a ceviche demo and a chocolate-making workshop.
- Enjoy the best of both Peruvian worlds: Lima and Cusco. Culture, history, and natural beauty, galore!
- Gaze out the window as you take a scenic train ride through the Peruvian countryside.
- Meet the locals at a lake titicaca homestay
- Climb the inca trail to machu picchu
- Spot wildlife at our exclusive g lodge amazon
- Sample the diverse cuisine peru is known for
- Visit the otavalo weaving studio and get a lesson from miguel andrango
- Explore the cusco planetarium
- Learn about the relationship between cultures and the plants around them at the omaere ethnobotanical park
- Enjoy an adobe and ceramic making demonstration in a small community
- Traverse the amazon jungle with a local naturalist guide
- Trek the classic Inca Trail to the Sun Gate for the iconic view of Machu Picchu
- Climb Inca steps to the top of Dead Woman's Pass (4215m)
- Have a guided tour of Machu Picchu before the crowds arrive
- Discover Cuzco with its distinct Inca-Colonial fusion architecture
- Alternative remote Moonstone Trek  available when Inca Trail permits have sold out  https://www.exodus.co.uk/peru-holidays/moonstone-trek-option
- Experience traditional life in a local community in the amazon
- Witness colonial cities and volcanoes
- Spot condors at colca canyon
- Conquer the inca trail to machu picchu
- Settle in with the locals at a homestay on lake titicaca
- Get adventurous in baños
- Relax on the beach with free time in mancora
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Urubamba Experiences
Urubamba Trip Reviews
623 Urubamba Tour Reviews - Summary 100% Recommend
Urubamba Tours and Travel Guide
All Urubamba tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all Urubamba trips.