Uzbekistan - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Tashkent: Hotel Lotte City Tashkent 4* or Ramada International 4* or similar
- Samarkand: Registon Plaza 4* or Emirkhan 4* or similar
- Yangigazgan: Overnight in Yurts
- Bukhara: Asia Bukhara 4* or Amelia Boutique or Sasha & Son or similar
- Khiva: Hotel Asia Khiva 3* or Orient Star 3* or similar
- Connect with the locals in a desert yurt community
- Marvel at colourful mosaic buildings
- Gain an understanding of the cultures of central asia
- Time to explore Tashkent, the capital of Uzbekistan
- A visit to the Kunya-Ark, the 12th century fortress of the Khans
- Two full days to explore Bukhara, a city with over 900 historical monuments
- Spend the night in a traditional Yurt camp
- Explore Samarkand, the greatest city on the historic Silk Road
- The largest city in central asia, tashkent will surprise you with its soviet legacy and it's contemporary culture.
- Join a local family in their home for a cooking class of the quintessential central asian rice dish - plov.
- Stop by the famed ceramics town of gijduvan and visit a ceramics maker in their workshop.
- Explore the vast chorsu bazaar - one of asia's oldest markets.
- Steeped in silk road history and immortalised in many a tale, the unesco-protected town of khiva is as photogenic as it is legendary.
- Absorb the magic of uzbekistan's "holiest city" as you tour the minarets, madressas and mosques of bukhara.
- Witness the extraordinary architecture of samarkand's registan. this public square is one of the true wonders of the islamic world.
- Explore the ancient Silk Road cities of Bukhara & Samarkand
- Cross the Pistalitau Ridge on mountain trails
- Cycle on the red sand desert of Kyzyl-Kum
- Experience remote Nuratau mountain villages
- Enjoy an authentic family homestay experience
- Himalayan Snowcock
- Chukar Partridge
- Black-bellied & Pallas’s Sandgrouse
- Demoiselle Crane
- Macqueen’s Bustard
- Pygmy Cormorant
- Dalmatian & Great White Pelican
- Bearded & Cinereous Vulture
- Himalayan Griffon
- Eastern Imperial & Steppe Eagle
- Pallid Harrier
- Saker & Red-footed Falcon
- White-headed & Marbled Duck
- Slavonian Grebe
- Sociable Lapwing
- Caspian Plover
- Terek Sandpiper
- Lesser Sand Plover
- Pander’s Ground Jay
- White-winged Woodpecker
- Blue-cheeeked Bee-eater
- Spotted Nutcracker
- European Roller
- Streaked Scrub Warbler
- Red-headed & Grey-necked Bunting
- Asian Desert Warbler
- Asian Paradise Flycatcher
- Desert & Pied Wheatear
- Eastern Rock Nuthatch
- Daurian & Long-tailed Shrike
- Guldenstadt’s & Eversmann’s Redstart
- White-tailed Rubythroat
- Brown & Altai Accentor
- Turkestan and Rufous-naped Tit
- White-throated Robin
- Pied Bush Chat
- Rufous-tailed Scrub Robin
- White-browed Tit-warbler
- Saxaul Sparrow
- White-winged & Black Lark
- Citrine & Masked Wagtail
- Asian Crimson-winged Finch
- The Silk Road Caravanserai of Tash Rabat
- Visiting with the nomads at Son Kul
- The Kashgar Sunday Market
- Travelling the Fergana Valley into Tajikistan
- The stunning sites of Samarkand, Khiva & Bukhara
- Marvel at the Terracotta Warriors in Xi’an
- Admire the Buddhist art at the Mogao Caves
- Cross the infamous Torugart Pass from Kyrgyzstan to China
- See the dramatic glaciers adorning the Ala Archa Canyon
- Admire quaint Karakol
- Meet local shepherds on a yurt stay
- Explore the historic town of Bukhara
- Walk the ancient walls of Khiva
- Discover the romance of the Silk Road in Samarkand
- Explore the hub of East and West in Istanbul
- Pick up souvenirs in the bazaars of Tashkent
- Experience the romance of the Silk Road in Samarkand
- Spend a memorable night sleeping in a yurt
- Walk through Bukhara's historic Old Town
- Gaze up at the ancient walls surrounding Khiva
- Discover the futuristic architecture of Ashgabat
- Learn about Tamerlane’s dynasty
- Visit the wilds of Chong Kemin National Park
- Be amazed by the ferocity of the Darvaza Gas Crate
- Walk the lively streets of Ashgabat
- Uncover Soviet memorabilia in Chorsu Bazaar
- Practise your echoes in the canyons of Djety Oguz
- Experience Registan Square in Samarkand
- Discover the desert city of Bukhara & incredible architectural monuments
- Visit the ancient Persian ruins at Persepolis
- Explore the exquisite cities of Shiraz and Isfahan
- Take in the wonderful culture and sights of Tehran
- Samarkand and Bukhara : two of the greatest cities on the Silk Road
- Almaty with its leafy streets and cafe culture
- Kyrgyzstan’s spectacular mountain scenery
- Issyk Kul Lake
- Marvel at The Great Wall
- Explore Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and Summer Palace in Beijing
- Visit Xian and the famous Terracotta Warriors
- Cross the Torugart pass in the Tian Shan mountains on one of the world's most remote high altitude roads
- Take in the magnificent Labrang Monastery and Jiayuguan frontier fortress
- Venture to the Mogau Caves & Dunhuang
- Immerse yourself in the Sunday Markets in Kashgar
- Drive spectacular mountain scenery & visit the quaint town of Bishkek
- Journey to the fabled Silk Rd cities of Samarkand, Bukhara & Khiva
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Uzbekistan Experiences
Uzbekistan Trip Reviews
113 Uzbekistan Tour Reviews - Summary 99% Recommend
Uzbekistan Tours and Travel Guide
Uzbekistan Attractions & Landmarks GuideHome to the legendary Silk Road cities of Tashkent, Samarkand, and Bukhara, ancient Uzbekistan is known for its intricate Islamic architecture featuring dazzling mosaics and impressive mausoleums and mosques It’s the most visited of all the Central Asian “Stans,” and for good reason. Besides its historic cities and Silk Road legacy, Uzbekistan offers mountain adventures, bazaars, and hospitable people
All Uzbekistan tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.7 for all Uzbekistan trips.