Vienna - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Visit the concentration camp at Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust
- See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
- See historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Voyage to the charming artist’s town of Szentendre
- Enjoy a panoramic tour taking you along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen’s
- Visit the quaint towns of Duernstein and Telc en route to Prague
- See the 14th-century Charles Bridge and explore the charming Old Town in Prague
- Helsinki Tour
- Danube Bend
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Discover Vienna and Graz
- Experience the stunning view in Wachau
- Visit Hofburg imperial palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Explore Lake Neusiedl
- Discover Belvedere Palace museum and Hapsburg summer palace
- Discover Salzburg
- Visit Mirabell Palace
- Experience the nature in Vienna
- Visit to the delightful Wachau region
- Enjoy the scenery along the Sazava River
- Explore rural Czech life with a fascinating adventurous ride through Vysocina highlands
- Experience cycle the delightfully flat paths along the Danube
- Discover Austria, bike ride through picturesque Waldviertal region.
- Enjoy riding along the Danube Bike Path
- Discover the Old City in Passau
- Visit 'Donau Auen' National Park
- Enjoy a casual bike tour of the main sights and explore Budapest
- Visit Munich, the capital of the state of Bavaria
- Explore Salzburg, birthplace of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Discover the musical city of Vienna; home to many famous composers
- Admire the incredible architecture and experience a warm welcome in Budapest
- Get to know the captivating history of Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Appreciate the architectural diversity in Prague
- Enjoy wine tasting in Melk and beer tasting in fascinating Regensburg
- Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by local chefs, entertainers, artisans, and experts
- Visits cities in four European nations
- Enjoy the beauty of river Danube.
- Ride the rail and experience the incredible capitals of Hungary, Austria, and the Czech Republic. Enjoy tours in all three cities!
- Begin in Budapest, famous for its bathhouses and bridges. Explore Castle Hill, a UNESCO-certified site.
- Immerse yourself in the imperial splendor of Vienna, from the Ringstrasse to the Opera.
- Wander through the Old Town of Prague, known as "the City of a Hundred Spires."
- Culinary delights abound in Central Europe; try goulash in Budapest, strudel in Vienna, and beer in Prague.
- Cycle along the scenic paths of the Danube River Valley for an immersion into the cultures of Austria, Slovakia and Hungary
- Discover the ancient history of Arabian horse breeding during a visit to an equestrian museum and stud farm
- With a local historian, embark on a walking field trip of the Old Town Bratislava to learn about its history and landmarks
- 7-night river cruise
- exclusive Imperial Evening palace event in Vienna
- visit to Vienna Prater
- bicycle ride along the Danube
- castle games in Slovakia
- lessons in making strüdel & marzipan
- magical Hellbrunn Castle & 'Sound of Music' sightseeing in Salzburg
- Tour through the beautiful city of Munich at your own pace with a Hop-On/Hop-Off bus tour.
- Get the royal treatment as you visit amazing castles in all three destinations!
- Enjoy lovely train rides between each city and relax as the scenery floats by.
- Hear the orchestra warm up as you explore Salzburg on a classical Mozart tour.
- Dig into the cuisine at each stop, enjoying a variety of wursts, wonderful beer, and delicious goulash, all with sonatas and famous compositions drifting through the air.
- Begin in Vienna, the cultural capital of Europe and former residence of Mozart, Brahms, Strauss, and Beethoven.
- Revel in the sumptuous interiors and beautiful formal gardens of Schonbrunn Palace, the summer palace of the Hasburg Empire!
- Hop on the train from Vienna to Salzburg, the baroque city that was the setting for the 1965 film "The Sound of Music."
- Explore Festung Hohensalzburg, Central Europe’s largest intact fortress with incredible views of Salzburg.
- Breathe in the crisp alpine air in Innsbruck, known as the capital of the Alps.
- Gawk at stunning palaces as you walk down city streets!
- Pack a picnic and enjoy a lovely afternoon in one of Vienna's many manicured gardens.
- Strut down the Mariahilfer Strabe, Vienna's longest shopping street, and score amazing finds.
- Rumor has it, croissants were actually invented in Vienna! Be sure to try some of Vienna's best sweets, like chocolate croissants and famous Sachertorte chocolate cake.
- Enjoy admission to the Mozart House, an apartment-turned-museum where Mozart once lived and composed.
- CITY TOUR in London, Vienna, Ljubljana, Dubrovnik, Tirana, Delphi, Athens, Assisi, Pompeii, Rome, Florence and Paris
- ORIENTATION of Amsterdam, Heidelberg, Munich, Kalambaka, Innsbruck, Venice and Lucerne
- VISIT the Temple of Apollo in Delphi, Acropolis in Athens, Excavations in Pompeii, the Sistine Chapel, Colosseum and St. Peter's Basilica in Rome and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
- CRUISE along the Rhine River
- VIEW the White Cliffs of Dover, the battle site of Thermopylae, the Abbey at Monte Cassino and the Eiffel Tower
- SEE the Lorelei Rock, the vineayrds of Burgundy, Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi and the Somme Battlefields in France
- SMALL GROUP SIGHTSEEING enjoy a guided walking tour through the historic inner city of Dubrovnik with a group size of no more than 25 guests.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Vienna Experiences
Vienna Trip Reviews
655 Vienna Tour Reviews - Summary 95% Recommend
Vienna Tours and Travel Guide
Vienna Attractions & Landmarks GuideFor classical music and opera aficionados, Vienna, Austria is a must visit. This decadent, beautiful city is full of lovely cafes, art scenes, and impressive palaces. Famous residents in Austria’s capital have included the likes of Mozart, Beethoven, and Brahms. It is also home to some of the finest Lipizzaner dressage horses in the world. To explore the city is to feel a part of its grand history and culture, as homage to the past is prevalent everywhere.
All Vienna tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Vienna trips.