Vienna - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Visit the concentration camp at Auschwitz, now a museum honoring the victims of the Holocaust
- See the 13th century Matthias Coronation Church and the Citadel on Mount Gellert.
- See historical sights including the Monument of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
- Voyage to the charming artist’s town of Szentendre
- Enjoy a panoramic tour taking you along the Ring Boulevard, past Emperor Franz Josef’s Hofburg Palace and the ornate State Opera to a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, the Cathedral of St. Stephen’s
- Visit the quaint towns of Duernstein and Telc en route to Prague
- See the 14th-century Charles Bridge and explore the charming Old Town in Prague
- Helsinki Tour
- Danube Bend
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Discover Vienna and Graz
- Experience the stunning view in Wachau
- Visit Hofburg imperial palace and St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Explore Lake Neusiedl
- Discover Belvedere Palace museum and Hapsburg summer palace
- Discover Salzburg
- Visit Mirabell Palace
- Experience the nature in Vienna
- Visit to the delightful Wachau region
- Discover Switzerland
- City tour of Prague. Visit to Castle, boat tour along the river
- See the old Town Innsbruck
- Visit to Swarovski Museum
- City tour of Rome and Vatican City
- Admire one of the most alluring and beautiful art complexes in Italy, including the well known Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Enjoy the scenery along the Sazava River
- Explore rural Czech life with a fascinating adventurous ride through Vysocina highlands
- Experience cycle the delightfully flat paths along the Danube
- Discover Austria, bike ride through picturesque Waldviertal region.
- Visit Berlin, incredible and thriving capital of Germany
- Explore Dresde, a city next to the Elbe river where you can admire its palace
- Visit Salzburg, the city of Mozart, with its Renaissance and Baroque center of great beauty
- Visit of Prague city, one of the most beautiful in Europe, where the Castle, the Town Hall Square and the beautiful Charles Bridge
- See Vienna panoramic tour of the city
- Discover Italy
- Florence, we head straight to Piazzale Michelangelo, an impressive site in the city
- City tour of Rome
- See the he Vatican City is a principal centre of Christianity in the world
- Visit and admission to the St Mark´s Basilica, admire the technique of crafting Murano Glass
- See the Innsbruck, time to stroll in the historic centre
- City tour in: Vienna, Budapest, Prague
- Boat: Danube River in Budapest, Vltava River in Prague
- Discover Austria and its exciting attractions
- Explore Frankfurt the historic center
- Explore Bratislava
- Explore Madrid city tour, stroll through the Retiro Park. Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring
- City tour of Barelona
- City tour of Rome, we have a scenic tour of the city
- Visit and admission to the St Mark´s Basilica, admire the technique of crafting Murano Glass
- City tour of Budapest, cruise on the Danube river
- Explore Prague and many other exciting attractions to cherish the moments
- City tour of Vienna, Vienna gardens of the immense Schönbrunn Palace
- Explore Girona, Provenzal region in France
- Explore Madrid city tour stroll through the Retiro Park
- Visit to the Plaza de Toros de las Ventas bullring
- Discover Austria
- Enjoy riding along the Danube Bike Path
- Discover the Old City in Passau
- Visit 'Donau Auen' National Park
- Enjoy a casual bike tour of the main sights and explore Budapest
- Visit Munich, the capital of the state of Bavaria
- Explore Salzburg, birthplace of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Discover the musical city of Vienna; home to many famous composers
- Admire the incredible architecture and experience a warm welcome in Budapest
- Get to know the captivating history of Bratislava, capital of Slovakia
- Appreciate the architectural diversity in Prague
- Enjoy wine tasting in Melk and beer tasting in fascinating Regensburg
- Special onboard and onshore experiences presented by local chefs, entertainers, artisans, and experts
- Visits cities in four European nations
- Enjoy the beauty of river Danube.
- Cycle along the scenic paths of the Danube River Valley for an immersion into the cultures of Austria, Slovakia and Hungary
- Discover the ancient history of Arabian horse breeding during a visit to an equestrian museum and stud farm
- With a local historian, embark on a walking field trip of the Old Town Bratislava to learn about its history and landmarks
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Vienna Experiences
Vienna Trip Reviews
149 Vienna Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
Vienna Tours and Travel Guide
Vienna Attractions & Landmarks GuideFor classical music and opera aficionados, Vienna, Austria is a must visit. This decadent, beautiful city is full of lovely cafes, art scenes, and impressive palaces. Famous residents in Austria’s capital have included the likes of Mozart, Beethoven, and Brahms. It is also home to some of the finest Lipizzaner dressage horses in the world. To explore the city is to feel a part of its grand history and culture, as homage to the past is prevalent everywhere.
All Vienna tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.5 for all Vienna trips.