18-30's Travel - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Cycle through mendoza's wineries and enjoy a tasting
- Get your adrenaline pumping while rafting
- Catch a glimpse of mt fitz roy
- View the impressive perito moreno glacier
- Savour the scenery in patagonia
- Enjoy the hustle and bustle of buenos aires
- Street eats tuk-tuk tour in Bangkok
- Guided trishaw tour in Chiang Mai
- Visit Wat Rong Khun
- Island stays on Koh Samui, Koh Pha Ngan and Koh Tao
- Meet Maasai warriors and experience Kenya's tribal life at an overnight village visit in Loita Hills
- Venture into the incredible Masai Mara National Reserve for a full-day game drive in 4x4s
- Keep your eyes peeled for black and white rhinoceroses on an adventure through Lake Nakuru National Park
- Get a taste of Nairobi, an exciting, cosmopolitan city of sterling restaurants, cafes and museums
- You'll be in excellent hands for the duration of your trip, travelling with a crew of three experienced locals – a leader, driver and cook
- Explore the biodiversity and wildlife of Costa Rica
- Zipline high up in the rainforest canopy at speeds of almost 60 MPH
- Lounge on one of the world’s most beautiful beaches at Manuel Antonio State Park
- See the crocodiles of the Tarcoles up close
- Ride the rapids of the Sarapiqui River
- Enjoy the welcoming hospitality and exotic culture of the Tico people
- This is our most popular trip in China and one of the top trips from the entire Intrepid range. The trip may be quick, but it is packed full of experiences that will give you a great insight into China in a short time.
- In addition to the main highlights in the big cities of Beijing, Xi'an and Shanghai, you'll get a glimpse of small-town life in Xitang and a taste of the countryside when we stay near the Great Wall.
- Our small group size allows us to explore destinations on foot together, eat in authentic local restaurants, travel by subway and train, and escape the tourist traps - all under the expert guidance of a passionate local leader.
- Spend the night in a charming, family-run guesthouse near the Great Wall. Learn how to make dumplings for dinner and see this iconic structure without the masses.
- Stay overnight in Xitang, a water town just outside of Shanghai. Imagine a way of life lost long ago as you explore the narrow alleys and canals after the daytrippers go home.
- Like everything it does, China’s ancient history is on an epic scale. No matter how many guide books you have read, nothing truly prepares you for the grandeur and immensity of sights like the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and the Terracotta Army (or thousands of local tourists at the Forbidden City!).
Party with the locals at the St Pat's festivities in Dublin
Discover Galway with its many buskers
Kiss the famous Blarney Stone
Get off the beaten path at Dingle Peninsula
Marvel at the breathtaking Cliffs of Moher
Join a ‘trad’ music session in a local pub in Co. Clare
Walk with the Giants at the Giant’s Causeway
Explore vibrant streets of Belfast
Taste the best pint of Guinness at the Guinness Storehouse
See ‘The Dark Hedges’ from Game of Thrones
Route to Peralada, a beautiful medieval town in the heart of the wine area
- Visit the shop Anxovies Soles to purchase a jar of the famous anchovies produced in locally
- Explore the perfectly preserved hilltop medieval town of Pals
- Visit the maritime museum and watch the fisherman bring in their catch of the day
- Walking tour of Munich
- Walking tour of Amsterdam
- Gondola ride in Venice
- Walking tour of Venice
- Canal dinner cruise in Amsterdam
- Walking tour of Lucerne
- Walking tour of Rome
- Walking tour of Florence with local guide
- Driving tour of Paris and gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower
- Explore the bustling streets of ho chi minh city
- Relax on golden beaches
- Shop in quaint hoi an
- Discover hue's citadels and pagodas
- Float through magical halong bay
- Explore the magnificent caves of phong nha
- Sightseeing in the World Heritage Sites: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple and Boudhanath Stupa
- Impressive sunrise view from Poon Hill
- View of the world’s highest mountains: Dhaulagiri I (7th) and Annapurna I (10th)
- Overnight at Annapurna Base Camp
- Spectacular mountain and glacier views from Annapurna Base Camp.
- Natural bath in hot springs at Jhinu
- Explore ruins in the sacred valley
- Learn about traditional ways of life and visit local markets
- Conquer the inca trail to machu picchu
- All aboard for a week in paradise. If there’s a better way to check out the historic towns, protected forests and stunning islands of Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast then we haven’t seen it.
- Car-free Lopud is a pedestrian paradise in the Insta-worthy Elafiti Islands.
- Go wild in the untouched forests of Mljet, which haven’t been spoilt by busloads of tourists.
- Visit Odysseus Cave where, according to legend, the king of Ithaca once found refuge after surviving a shipwreck.
- Chill out in Korcula, swimming through coves ad lounging in the shade under olive trees.
- Row, row, row your boat… from Vis Island to the eerie, magical neon glow of Cave Bisevo’s blue grotto.
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top 18-30's Travel Experiences
Meeting fellow trekkers on the way to the Everest Base Camp, Nepal
Hiking the Inca trail to reach famous Machu Picchu and getting the perfect selfie!
Feeling the adrenaline rush of a white water rafting trip
Going on a night hike at the foot of Arenal volcano in Costa Rica
Gathering the courage to bungee jump in New Zealand with the encouragement of your tour mates
Hiking the cable route of Yosemite's Half Dome
Learning to scuba dive
Exploring the vast Amazon rainforest, meeting locals and observing incredible wildlife
Learning archery with Mongolian bows and arrows
Living with the local’s and learning about their culture
18-30's Travel Trip Reviews
46,690 18-30's Travel Tour Reviews - Summary 100% Recommend
18-30's Travel Tours and Travel Guide
18-30's Travel Attractions & Landmarks Guide
Young adult travelers are often -- though certainly not always -- on the lookout for budget trips. Many seek active, outdoorsy adventures such as hiking or cycling tours, trekking and camping expeditions, backpacking trips, off-the-beaten-path locations, and a variety of learning tours, such as cooking classes in Turkey or scuba lessons in the South Pacific.
All these options and more are offered by today's tour operators. And if you want to put together a custom itinerary for yourself and your friends, just ask -- many operators will be happy to do that, too.
Take the Planning Out
The 18-30 group is one of the busiest by far; busy with school, work, kids, and life in general. Pre-planned trips save you time by having a set itinerary so you don't have something else on your plate. You can search by the number of days you have available, where you want to go, or what type of trip you want to go on. You can guarantee that you will see plenty of wildlife and exotic locations.
If this is one of your only vacations of the year, you’ll want to see as much as you can. These trips have multiple activities everyday to make sure you see the most of each area visited. Choose activities based on your interests. Short on time? There are trips you can do in less than a week for a quick vacation. Whether you have a week or a month, your trip will be unforgettable.
These trips are catered to the young traveler's budget. Traveling alone can be very expensive, and is not as affordable if you are in or just out of college. No need to worry about booking expensive taxis or hotels for your vacation. Your trip will put together the most affordable lodging and transportation for you to get the most out of your money.
Exploring New Territories
More and more young people are venturing out of their comfort zones and going to less well known countries. The convenience of a pre-planned group trip means you don't have to worry about getting from A to B and deal with transportation. You can focus all your energy on taking breathtaking pictures as you see foreign lands.
All 18-30's tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.8 for all 18-30's Travel trips.