Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
- Rich in history, art, architecture, cuisine and nightlife, Budapest is a hot European destination. The Museum of Fine Arts offers free English tours that reveal the famous artwork of Monet, Manet and Goya, just to name a few
- A home-stay with a family in the Saxon village of Viscri in Romania offers insight into local life and the chance to sample some delicious home-cooked food
- This trip takes you to a mix of exciting capital cities and quaint mountain villages, allowing you to see the many sides of Eastern Europe
- Transylvania is drenched in history and myth. Discover the medieval city of Sighisoara, the birthplace of one of Romania's most infamous figures, Vlad the Impaler - better known as the inspiration for Count Dracula
- Journey deep into the forested valley of Rila to find the Monastery of Saint Ivan. Over 1,000 years old, this spectacular building is one of Bulgaria's most important cultural, historical and architectural monuments
- Discover the rich and varied culture of eastern europe
- Visit dracula's castle and charming slavic villages
- Explore the spectacular cities of budapest and sofia
- Visit the Alexander Nevsky Memorial Cathedral, famous for its gilded domes and masterful mosaics,
- Drive through the scenic Rilska Valley, passing traditional villages en route to our destination high in the mountains
- Enjoy the structures that Plovdiv is proudest of the old town's unique collection of elegant, pastel-pretty "Bulgarian Renaissance"
- Visit the remote village of Glogovo — a community that converted to Islam under the Ottoman Turks.
- Immerse yourself in the communist past and vibrant present of Bucharest, a city often underrated by travellers
- Travel through the scenic Rila Mountains in Bulgaria, mingling with monks at the 10th-century Rila Monastery
- The village of Gorno Draglishte is home to a rich cultural heritage and a delightful community of welcoming locals. Experience the best of both worlds during a family home-stay (delicious home-cooked dinner included)
- The ancient Roman theatre in Plovdiv’s city centre was only discovered when a landslide uncovered it in the 1970s. Explore the amphitheatre and Plovdiv's other significant sights on a guided walking tour
- Take guided walk through the grounds of Kalemegdan Fortress
- Experience two nights in bustling Budapest, cosmopolitan capital of Hungary
- Sail past dramatic natural wonders like the soaring white cliffs of the Iron Gate region
- Enjoy Serbian & Hungarian folkloric performances
- Enjoy the authentic flavors of Eastern Europe, on shore and aboard
- Hofburg Palace (Vienna)
- St. Martin’s Cathedral (Bratislava)
- Matthias Coronation Church (Budapest)
- Gypsy Concert (On Board – Budapest)
- Old Town with Concert (Osijek)
- Petrovaradin Fortress (Novi Sad)
- Kalemegdan Fortress (Belgrade)
- Iron Gates Gorge
- Baba Vida Fortress (Vidin)
- Palace of Parliament (Bucharest)
- Optional Dracula’s Castle Extension
- Ascend Bulgaria's two highest peaks
- Enjoy the well-preserved flora and fauna of the 'Pirin' and 'Rila' National Parks, with varied birdlife, brown bear, wolves and a wealth of alpine flowers.
- Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sample Bulgaria's tasty national cuisine and outstanding regional wines.
- Stunning mountain landscapes with deep gorges, spectacular caves, ancient forests and flowering meadows
- Unique flora rich in orchids and endemic species
- Outstanding fauna, including brown bear, wallcreeper and an exceptional variety of rare butterflies
- Unique opportunities to experience daily life in a traditional Bulgarian village
- Delicious home-produced local cuisine
- Become directly involved in a Brown bear conservation project
- Informative daily bear tracking walks
- Two visits to a hide for wild Brown bear observation
- Elusive mammals, birds, butterflies, reptiles and rare orchids
- Remote landscapes in the Rodopi Mountains
- Delicious traditional local cuisine
- Discover the rich and varied culture of eastern europe
- Visit 'dracula's castle' and charming slavic villages
- Explore the spectacular cities of budapest and istanbul
- Explore remote mountain landscape
- Discover subterranean caves
- Taste delicious local cuisine and wines
- Tour of Maramures Region
- Cluj Napoca Visit
- Entry to Viscri Fortified Church & Prejmer Fortified Church
- Entry to Dracula's Castle and Peles Castle
- Entry to Prejmer Fortified Church
- Entry to Plovdiv Roman Amphitheatre
- Enjoy the key sites of beijing
- Experience the world's largest snow festival
- Marvel at the snow sculptures and ice lanterns
- Enjoy ice skating and sledding
- Botev Peak (2376 m a.s.l.) the highest peak of the Balkan Mountains
- The Central Balkan National Park, protecting the unique biodiversity
- The Heavenly Sprinkler waterfall, 124 meters high
- Kozya Stena (meaning goat wall), Tsaritchina, Dzhendema (meaning hell) nature reserves
- The geothermal springs of Chiflik, Pavel Banya and Hissarya
- The Saeva Dupka Cave more than 3 million years of age
- Troyan monastery dating back from 16th century
- The Thracian tomb in Kazanlak, UNESCO heritage site
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Bulgaria Experiences
Bulgaria Trip Reviews
100 Bulgaria Tour Reviews - Summary 97% Recommend
Bulgaria Tours and Travel Guide
All Bulgaria tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.6 for all Bulgaria trips.