Sailing Cruises - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Good for Singles Trips that specifically cater to travelers looking to meet other singles.
No Single Supplement Trips where single supplement is usually not required for solo travelers.
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- Learn the ropes in one of the worlds best sailing destinations
- Switch off from technology for a week and let the conversation flow with your fellow travellers
- With a fishing licence in hand you'll be able to throw a line out and catch the night's dinner
- Snorkel with sea turtles in protected waters on pristine, uninhibited mangrove islands
- There’s flexibility and room for spontaneity. Join us in shaping this new and exciting adventure while it’s still in its experimental stages
- Enjoy a guided walking tour to the preserved Palace of the Roman Emperor Diocletian
- Be fully immersed into the local culture and history
- Experience wine tasting in the private home of Davor Osjak
- Visit the village of Vrboska, a charming town with narrow streets, ancient churches and houses
- Enjoy a variety of traditional dishes
- Visit Benedictine Monastery
- Go on a guided walking history tour of Korcula.
- Visit Staffa and Fingal's cave
- Explore Ardtornish castle
- Watch whales, seabirds, seals, dolphins and porpoises
- Relax as you sail the picturesque dalmatian coast
- Explore the region through beaches and charming coastal villages
- Enjoy the nightlife of hvar and budva after a long day of lounging
- Get endless photo opportunities throughout the region's mountainous and green landscapes
- Snorkel the crystal-clear waters near the ancient fishing village of bigovo
- Explore the historical, traditional villages of Mount Mainalos (Dimitsana, Stemnitsa, Lagadia & Karytaina) & learn more about the significant culture and history of the area
- Hike through the imposing Lousios gorge and visit the unique monasteries of Prodromou and Philosophou
- Enjoy rafting in one of Greece’s most impressive rivers, Lousios!
- Visit the open-air Water Power museum and find out how water was used in the pre-industrial local societies for the production of various goods
- Taste the delicious local cuisine of mountainous Arcadia
- Awesome sailing experience is required in this multi-level experience in the Aegean Sea
- Explore Athens
- Massive sailing across to the picturesque port of Loutra on Kythnos, known for its natural warm springs
- Enjoy hiking which will take you around the striking, arid countryside around Loutra in Kythnos
- Exploring Serifos Chora’s narrow whitewashed alleys, coloured with the lush green, pink and purple of overflowing bougainvillea
- Old-world charm, rich history, exciting nightlife – evocative Havana is like nowhere else on earth. Wander the cobbled laneways of Habana Viejo or head to Vedado for a taste of the world-famous Copellia ice cream
- Beaches don't get much better than this. The islands of the Canarreos Archipelago offer miles of pristine white sands and sparkling turquoise reefs to explore
- The underwater world of Cayeria Los Majaes is a snorkeller's dream, thanks to its warm, shallow pools that you could bask in for hours
- From lobsters and loggerhead turtles to iguanas and monkeys, this trip spans the most eclectic spread of sea life and wildlife. Not to mention those odd Carribean creatures, the jutias
- This being a true sailing trip, there's plenty of leisure time. When you're not soaking up your idyllic surrounds on deck, you can while away evenings in beachside restaurants feasting on delicious Cuban cuisine
- The beauty of sailing is that each day is unique and, while we have a destination to reach, if the weather changes or something takes the group’s fancy, we can be flexible on the day's itinerary
- Snorkel at nusa penida
- Sail to the three most famous gilis
- Explore the lesser known gilis
- Spot sea turtles
- Cycling in the Ionian islands with captivating scenery
- Exploring the small towns and villages en route
- Soaking up the hospitality onboard the comfortable sailing boat
- Sail on a catamaran along the beautiful southern coast of cuba
- Stop to snorkel or share a drink with friendly locals
- Sample delicious seafood - fresh from the ocean
- Sail the sparkling Caribbean Sea
- Aboard the historic square-rigger Sea Cloud.
- Snorkel in pristine coral reefs
- Swim in tropical lagoons
- Explore secluded cays and beaches.
- Go on historian-led walks in colonial towns infused with an intriguing mix of cultures.
- Experience an array of natural wonders including volcanoes and rain forests teeming with birds and wildlife.
- Visit Mostar
- 3 day ticket to Sziget Festival
- 7 nights sailing in Croatia
- Explore the island of Homer
- Visit Santorini
- Visit Paros, one of the most beautiful islands of the Cyclades
- Explore Myconos - the most cosmopolitan island with dazzling white houses
- Visit the church of PARAPORTIANI is considered to be an architectural masterpiece
- Explore Delos - the sacred island of Apollo
- Explore Myanmar's unspoilt paradises and remote locations, yet to be discovered by mainstream tourism
- Anchor in the calm waters surrounding local islands, where you can kayak, paddle board and snorkel among stunning marine life
- Disconnected from the rest of the world, this is the ultimate relaxation holiday. Indulge in freshly prepared meals and loll around in a bean bag as you enjoy spectacular sunsets, and maybe even sleep out on deck under the stars
- Sit back and soak up some of the best beaches in the world, and enjoy a barbecue on a secluded stretch of sand with fish caught fresh that day
- Embrace the special experience of interacting with the nomadic seafaring community of the Moken
- Enjoy the luxury of a superior 46-foot catamaran, with spacious common areas and comfortable cabins and bathrooms. Leave your sleeping gear and beach towel at home, as all of this is provided for you
- Stop in the port city of galle — home to a historic fort
- Look for dolphins and whales along the way
- Stop by isolated beaches for kayaking or swimming
- Have a beach barbecue
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Sailing Cruises Experiences
Sailing Cruises Trip Reviews
268 Sailing Cruises Tour Reviews - Summary 90% Recommend
Sailing Cruises Tours and Travel Guide
Sailing Cruises Attractions & Landmarks Guide
Imagine waking up on a tall ship on a sunny morning, nursing a cup of coffee on deck as the warm Caribbean or South Pacific Breezes billow through the sails, and making port on some exotic island. Or sailing on a windjammer as it races along the Maine coast, heading for a lobster bake on a beach along a deserted cove. Or exploring the coast of Turkey or Kenya on a traditional gulet or dhow, just as local people have done for generations. Sailing cruises can be among the most memorable experiences you'll ever have on water, and the variety of possibilities are as boundless as the world's seas themselves.
All Sailing Cruises and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 4.4 for all Sailing Cruises trips.