Women Only Groups - Best Tours & Trips 2019
Filter to find perfect
Relaxed A lot of free time, with very few inclusions. Ideal for independent and/or low-key travelers and cruisers.
Full on For those looking to maximize their sight seeing time. You thrive on a packed day’s schedule from 8 am to 6pm, with some (but limited) free time. Most activities and meals included.
Mixed You will have solid amounts of both free time and structured time with some activities and meals included.
Group Tour Groups are between 25-60 people, typically ~30-40. Usually there will be many opportunities to split off and enjoy meals and excursions in smaller groups. This is the most economical way to travel, saving up to 40% versus booking the same itinerary yourself.
Small Group Tour Small groups are usually defined as between 10 and 24 travelers, often less. If you're the kind of person who enjoys more intimate experiences and personal service this is a good choice. All else being equal you will pay a premium for this style vs a larger group tour.
River Cruise These vessels are smaller than most ocean cruisers, limiting which amenties are available. Passenger counts can vary. One of the biggest advantages of a river cruise is the ability to dock at smaller ports and local villages.
Small Ship Cruise Small ship cruises usually have a max passenger count of 500. The primary purpose of these trips is to spend time off the vessel in local ports (e.g. Mediterranean) or experiencing nature (e.g Galapagos or Antarctica). Cabins can vary from budget to luxury.
Private Guided Private tours give you the undivided attention of a guide, and often involve special access to sites and unique experiences not available to larger groups. This is a great option for families, couples, and small friend groups. Expect to pay a bit more for the extra service.
Self Guided / Independent Tour A travel company plans your itinerary and arranges all the logistics including lodging, local activities, and transportantion. You have the flexibility of a solo trip while still getting the convience and time savings of expert planning. Get 90% of the benefits of a tour, without a guide.
Vacation / Holiday Package Similar to a self guided tour, this usually involves a home base, such as a hotel or resort, with packaged activities and day tours as a part of the stay.
Large Ship Cruise This is the "floating city" experience, with multiple ways to enjoy your vacation aboard the ship as much as on land. Ships are multiple floors, provide several activities, culinary, and shopping options. They often make fewer stops and have less time available for shore excursions.
Camping Typically involves most nights sleeping in tents (sometimes permanent tented sites) or in rustic cabins and lodges.
Basic - 2 star You'll stay in no-frills, but clean and comfortable, hotels or guesthouses. A 'Basic' trip might also involve a few nights of camping.
Value - 3 star Mid-range budget with accommodations ranging from comfortable lodges, guesthouses, and homestays to three star hotels.
Premium - 4 star 3 to 4 star western hotel equivalents. While not all lodging will be 'luxury' they will be quite comfortable by western standards.
Luxury - 5 star The highest level of comfort and service. All accomodations are in four or five star hotels, boutique lodges or high-end homestays.
Price Per Day
Very Easy Minimal walking - motor vehicles available for all major parts of trip.
Easy Normal generally flat walking in urban or suburban environments.
Moderate Walking or physical activity half to most of day - no carrying equipment.
Strenuous All or most of day hiking or biking, hills included.
Extreme Very challenging all day hiking and backpacking carrying significant equipment.
Get Member Savings Sign up to become a member to get access to Member Savings trips. These trips are discounted beyond the tour operator’s best price. Membership is free and only requires your email.
Rivers & Seas
Cities & Attractions
Flights & Transport
Continents & Regions
Stride Gives Back Stride Gives Back This trip visits a destination impacted by climate change. When you opt in to the Stride Gives Back program, we will donate 10% of our net revenue to organizations that help mitigate climate change in these destinations and across the globe. Learn more
Impacted by Climate Change
- In the charming rural town of Nimaj, celebrate Gangaur Festival, a female-only festival celebrated in Rajasthan with post-fast feasting and traditional arts and crafts. Join the local women for Rangoli making, henna painting and a dance show.
- Take a jeep safari into the Thar Desert where you'll enjoy an exclusive Kalbeliya dance performed by local women at our desert camp. After the performance enjoy some quality one on one time with the dancers while the gentlemen prepare dinner.
- Savour a home cooked meal at the family home of one of our amazing Delhi female staff members. Get to know her family, your leader, and each other over delicious home cooked food.
- Visit a local woman's home and select a stunning saree and complimentary accessories to wear on your visit to the Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful buildings in the world inspired by the extraordinary love of an exceptional woman.
- Support a cafe run solely by female acid attack survivors and hear the heart breaking, yet overwhelmingly inspirational stories of perseverance and strength.
- Visit Sambhali Boutique, an outlet for clothes, accessories and handicraft items produced by the women in the Sambhali Graduates’ Sewing Centre which focuses on the development and empowerment of women and girls in Rajasthan, many of whom have come from abusive marriages or difficult family situations.
- See the highlights of Jaipur on an environment friendly e-rickshaw ride while getting to know your female driver. The Pink City Rickshaw Company is a not for profit organisation that provides new employment opportunities and economic independence to women from low income households in Jaipur.
- This is a leadership course designed for ages 18 and Up
- This tour mainly runs for Women's only
- Build core skills: Learn and practice wilderness, teamwork and leadership skills. Form a crew that supports and encourages one another, and in the thick of challenges, discover there is more in you than you know.
- Practice Outward Bound values: Learn to incorporate Outward Bound values into everyday life by pushing your own limits and seeking challenge as an opportunity for personal growth.
- Demonstrate mastery: As the course nears the end, take on more leadership and decision-making responsibilities. Work together to apply new skills and achieve team goals during this final phase of the expedition.
- What you’ll learn: Return home a stronger, more resilient individual. Discover increased self-confidence, improved leadership, and a desire to make a difference.
- Discover Rocky Mountain National Park’s pristine and less-traveled southern portion known as Wild Basin
- Hike the headwaters of the Big Thompson River to Cub Lake and the amazing alpine glacial valleys Glacier Gorge and Loch Val
- Explore areas where elk, coyotes, deer, snowshoe hares and many other mammals inhabit year round
- Journey through Northern Kenya with Becky, the first female overland truck driver in East Africa.
- Get to know some of Kenya’s female wildlife rangers and understand the challenges they face in a male dominated industry.
- Spend time at the Umoja Village; a unique women’s only Manyatta founded in 1990 as a sanctuary for survivors of genital mutilation, sexual assault, and forced marriages.
- Visit the Mau Mau caves and learn how women played a key role in helping the Mau Mau people win the war against colonial rule.
- Enjoy high tea while learning about local and global wildlife conservation heroine, Joy Adamson, of “Born Free“ fame.
- Venture out on Game Drive's in some of Kenya's iconic parks; Masai Mara, Samburu National Reserve, and Lake Nakuru.
- Visit a flower farm, which is run predominantly by women. While these women have little or no formal education, working at the farm provides them with a stable income to support their families.
- Look behind the closed doors and tents in Wadi Rum and to find a culture usually hidden from the eyes of visitors.
- What do Jordanian women do on a summers afternoon? They head to the beach! Bathe in rejuvenating mineral muds nearby, mingle with locals, and retire to the local resort and pool.
- Take a cooking class at Beit Sitti, a unique and innovative initiative of three sisters who carry on their grandmother’s legacy and dedication to tradition. Discover their stories and help prepare a delicious authentic meal under the sisters supervision.
- Join some of the local ladies for dinner in their home, this will be an informal evening to make new friends and learn the art of Arabic cooking in the home.
- Join a local female shephard and learn about her day, trying your hand at milking a goat in the process
- Soak your bones in a hamam with newly discovered friends and, as the trip draws to a close, feast on a picnic of Arabic mezze for dinner
- Uncover the majesty and mystery of ancient Petra. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is simply unforgettable
- This women overland expedition in Morocco is exploring the natural and human reality of Morocco.
- You will explore the back roads and footpaths of Morocco Atlas Mountains and ancient cities to accomplish a unique women discovery trekking in this particular part of North Africa.
- Hiking expedition opens opportunities for active women travelers to immerse in the culture by visiting the rural area or places not accessible to most tour operators.
- Experience Morocco Peaks and Valleys hiking tour offers you access, to best mountain passes and cliff-hanging villages, Berber villages, tribal markets, private homes, and nomads world under their tents.
- Enjoy plenty of time to hike in the footpaths with a small group of women, practice your photography among the vivid blue and bright whitewashed houses of Chefchaouen and other northern villages and landscapes Morocco has to offer.
- Explore with your women group of travelers a glorious medieval era still in full function today in the Medina of Fes.
- Enjoy walking cobbled stone small streets of the medina with best of local guides to show you the way while others are completely lost or visit the strict minimum. Meet Moroccan women behind closed doors to share a special chat reserved in their homes.
- Walk and hike the footpaths like Berber shepherd does in the Atlas Mountains and enjoy breathtaking landscapes in the cathedral of nature. Stop at hot springs spa, or medieval Moorish hammam or simply sip mint tea from a rooftop of the Medina of Fez like a Moroccan. Feast on a country Couscous as it could be cooked right in before your eyes.
- Cooking experience with Chef Maria
- Discover Renaissance Venice in a cooking and culinary week designed for women only travelers.
- Enjoy this foodie walk to the best addresses in the Dorsoduro quarter
- Explore the best of culinary Venice with your Chef
- Enjoy a five-day hike in the stunning Annapurnas, while being completely supported by an all-female crew of leaders, guides, assistants, and even porters.
- Visit an NGO working to abolish the practice of Chhaupadi, the illegal but socially common practice of forbidding women to enter their homes, kitchens, schools, and temples during their menstrual cycle, as they are thought to be rendered temporarily impure.
- Visit Madi Valley, a homestay run by women that is working alleviate human impact on the surrounding nature and wildlife.
- Learn how to create traditional Nepalese dishes while supporting a unique social enterprise that has changed the lives of more than 1,000 disadvantaged women in Nepal.
- Take a wilderness safari through Chitwan National Park, widely recognised as one of the best national parks in Asia, and search for rhinos, crocodiles, monkeys and deer.
- Dress up in red to celebrate Hartalika Teej Festival with local ladies as they sing and dance their way to visit Pashupatinath Temple, open exclusively to women on this special day.
- Travel off the beaten path in Morocco, reaping the benefits of not only an all-female group and private transport, but also the unique insights offered by a local female leader.
- Visit the residents of a women’s artisan co-op in Talsanant to see how they are taking charge of the economics of their rug-weaving trade.
- Make the most of the opportunity to learn some basic skills at a traditional rug-weaving class.
- Try your hand at preparing your own fresh khobz (flatbread), an essential part of every Moroccan breakfast.
- Learn the traditional way of preparing couscous under the guidance of those who do it best.
- The gorgeous M’goun Valley is a dream to explore on foot. Take in unforgettable panoramas, visit a local village and enjoy Berber hospitality.
- While you’ll get to hear Berber music throughout this trip, you’ll also get to make the most of a special evening of music and dance led by women in a rural village.
- Step into a traditional outfit and have your make-up done for you using henna and khol before enjoying one final group dinner.
- Visit the Santa Fe Mountain Cloud Zen Center and enjoy a private painting class
- Journey by coach to Ojo Caliente and marvel at incredibly colorful landscapes
- Enjoy creative cuisine at unique restaurants
- This is an outdoor leadership course designed for age 23 years and older
- Spend a week camping in the beautiful Sonoran desert
- Enjoy reaching new heights in one of the country’s most beautiful climbing areas
- Camp and climb in the beautiful Sonoran desert with a group of motivated women
- Spend an afternoon with female Syrian refugees and hear how they’re rebuilding their lives over lunch and an earring-making workshop.
- Make the perfect cup of Turkish coffee at a family home in Istanbul and learn how to read your fortune in the coffee grounds.
- Spend a day at sea with a female skipper where you’ll visit a sunken city, swim in crystal clear waters and spend the night in an idyllic seaside village.
- Enjoy a traditional meal in a Cappadocian cave home, cooked by a local woman who is changing the face of women in tourism.
- Take part in ‘Gold Day’ in Eskisehir, a local event that’s strictly for women and where all the secret women’s business happens in Turkey.
- Relax in an Ottoman Style hamam and learn about this ancient women’s ritual.
- Discover Reykjavík
- Experience all the BEST in outdoor activities that Iceland has to offer! Hike, white water raft, sea kayak, snowmobile on a glacier, horseback ride, cruise to view whales and seabirds, and relax in mineral hot springs.
- View homesteads of Iceland's “hidden people,” the elves, trolls, and ghosts of historic Iceland, the “hottest” destination in Europe!
- Stay in wonderful Icelandic hotels, eat fabulous food, and see life in today’s countryside.
- Travel by comfortable mini-bus with Solveig, our Icelandic driver-guide, to view dramatic landscapes born of volcanic eruptions and carved by glaciers.
- Explore a pristine country that Americans know little about, and that’s only a 4.5 hour flight from Boston!
- Shop for, prepare and enjoy a five-course meal at a local cooking school in Tehran. It’s a chance to not only experience a lively Iranian bazaar but learn age old secret recipes from local women.
- Enjoy a picnic in one of Iran’s increasingly prevalent women’s-only parks, one of the few places women can enjoy the sunshine without a hijab
- Immerse yourself in rural nomadic life on a beautifully remote homestay with the Qashqai people. Enjoy a meal, sing songs, try on the local dress, and give bread-baking a go
- Step inside the fascinating hidden world of an Iranian beauty salon. You’ll see that these oases for many local women
- Travel by public transport in the female-only carriage of the metro, local buses and an overnight train
- Join a female scarf shop owner in Tehran to learn the many different ways of tying and wearing the iconic Middle Eastern garment
- Experience the wondrous remains of the ancient capital of Persepolis – the scale and grandeur will leave you in no doubt that this was once the centre of the known world.
- While summer is a tempting option, there’s the equally attractive option of beating the crowds and going in winter. It’s actually our favourite time of year to experience this magical country so consider booking on a departures that runs during the cooler months of December through to February.
- Explore the city of Istanbul
- Learn Turkish Cooking
- Enjoy Belly Dancing and Folklore Class
- Discover Cappadocia and learn Cooking the traditional recipes
- Attend the ceramics class and make your own ceramic piece
In order to see Stride Select deals you must sign in. We’ve negotiated with many of the world’s best travel companies to save you money! Get the best experiences, save up to $700 per person, and be a hero to your travel companions!
With FREE membership you:
- Save up to $700 per person!*
- Access private deals and offers
- See personalized trip recommendations
- Save favorite trips
Top Women Only Groups Experiences
Women Only Groups Trip Reviews
1 Women Only Groups Tour Reviews - Summary 100% Recommend
Women Only Groups Tours and Travel Guide
Women Only Groups Attractions & Landmarks GuideMany women are wary of traveling alone, and in recent years many women-only travel companies have sprung up to address this. This is a great way to visit less traveled countries, as well as stay stay aware of customs, wardrobe, and other factors that will increase your safety. You'll feel empowered and adventurous, surrounded by other strong women exploring the world.
All Women Only tours, river cruises, expedition cruises, and adventure trips. Find the best guided trips and expert planned vacation and holiday packages. Average rating of 5.0 for all Women Only Groups trips.